postponement

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

=69.GIAP=MALYSH

postponement

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:32 am

at the risk of being unpopular, the 69th would like to postpone, at a minimum, the Crimea for a week. We've now got just over a day to plan anew, or not, uncertain, with settings that are also somewhat uncertain, alongside other sectors (Kuban) which are also uncertain. I have every confidence that these problems can be fixed, but there's no need for a schedule this tight. It's an ambitious endeavour, we expect delays, no big deal and no harm done, it's still shaping into an incredible campaign!

We'd rather take an extra 3 weeks to fly a calm campaign where everything is clear, than fly tomorrow.

At the moment one planner is away for the weekend, one won't have access until late tomorrow, one is without internet, and everyone has only gotten access to the MP this week, before the MP failed and was reset thursday (I think) and the missions may still need to be planned.
Thursday to sunday for planners to get comfy with a campaign, and then a day for replanning. It may be possible but it's too tight for comfort, in our opinion.
=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Post by =69.GIAP=RATNIK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:42 pm

S! To avoid any misunderstaning, please note the above post concerns tomorrow's Crimea mission.
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:32 am

ok this was just a request. I am not sure if there was a misunderstanding but the silence is disconcerting, no word from anyone, one way or the other?

if Kuban is being postponed until the next year, we would like Crimea to do the same, as our sectors are tied so closely. This should give everyone time to get everything in order without rushing.

axis? admins? What are your thoughts?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:37 am

Crimea and Kuban databases are now back on line. :)

For scheduling, Gross and sector CO's make the decision, I believe.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:51 am

Yes, I would like to see official planning begin on January 4th and official missions to begin on January 7th in the Kuban and the Crimea on January 9th or 10th.
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:57 am

thanks Shades!

Storm: seconded.
IAF.ViFF

Post by IAF.ViFF » Sun Dec 20, 2009 9:58 am

Hi guys, I am the Allied Liason to the Admin group.

From what I understand this postponement you request has not been coordinated at all with the Axis side, and remains an Allied request only.

The Axis side is ready and are expecting to fly the Crimea sector mission tonight.

I would like to therefore propose the following:

For Crimea Sector of tonight (Sunday Dec. 20th):

I propose we go ahead and fly the first mission tonight as an "INFORMAL" mission to test the server. That way the Axis get to fly tonight, the 69.GIAP can get familiarized with the settings, and the template will be test run on the server. The stats will be analyzed only for technical purposes, and neither side shall enjoy recon results.

We've seen in the missions run on the other sectors we have several technical hurdles we need to overcome.

Therefore it is of cardinal importance that we do run a mission today in the Crimea sector.
This will allow us to identify any technical problems we need to address and solve so that the campaign can progress smoothly and in conjunction (remember: the sectors are intertwined with production) with the other sectors as of the new year.

The Allies will meet 1 hour prior to mission start time in the 69.GIAP TeamSpeak Server.

Please urgently complete your planning in the sector.
I will ask Charlie to hold off a bit longer on building the mission to allow for the squads to get their planning in.

For Kuban Sector:

Please coordinate and agree on any postponement you have in mind with the Axis Sector CO before posting.

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”