Final Confirmation: Crimea mission of Sunday Dec 20th is GO

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

IAF.ViFF

Final Confirmation: Crimea mission of Sunday Dec 20th is GO

Post by IAF.ViFF » Sun Dec 20, 2009 11:51 am

After speaking with 242Sqn_Chap & 22GCT_Gross and for clarifying the issue from this post:

viewtopic.php?t=461

I am the Allied Liason to the Admin group.

From what I understand the postponement request of the Allied side has not been coordinated at all with the Axis side, and remains an Allied request only.

The Axis side is ready and are expecting to fly the Crimea sector mission tonight.

I would like to therefore confirm the following:

For Crimea Sector of tonight (Sunday Dec. 20th):

I confirm from the Admin side that we will go ahead and fly the first mission tonight as an "INFORMAL" mission to test the server. That way the Axis get to fly tonight, the 69.GIAP can get familiarized with the settings, and the template will be test run on the server. The stats will be analyzed only for technical purposes, and neither side shall enjoy recon results.

We've seen in the missions run on the other sectors we have several technical hurdles we need to overcome.

Therefore it is of cardinal importance that we do run a mission today in the Crimea sector.
This will allow us to identify any technical problems we need to address and solve so that the campaign can progress smoothly and in conjunction (remember: the sectors are intertwined with production) with the other sectors as of the new year.

The Allies will meet 1 hour prior to mission start time in the 69.GIAP TeamSpeak Server.

Please urgently complete your planning in the sector.
Charlie will hold off building the mission until 2 hours prior to mission start time to allow for the squads to get their planning in.

IAF Planning is complete.
69.GIAP - please complete your planning.

For Kuban Sector: (AVG_Storm)

Please coordinate and agree on any postponement you have in mind with the Axis Sector CO, and only then forward your request to the admins 242Sqn_Chap and 22GCT_Gross with your request to postpone before posting on the global forum.

Because the sectors are so intertwined with production and SOGM transfers then anything that is not run..means that everything stops until we can catch everything up unfortunately.

So please - lets all do the best we can to get this thing rolling - even if we are not 100% familiarized with settings, planners on vacation etc...

S!
IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us
Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Center
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:38 pm

On Axis side, I will ask players to fly on their own territory in order not to get informations on allied disposition.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Sun Dec 20, 2009 3:58 pm

IAF.Viff-

You may be making some assumptions here. The issue with the database problems that caused our current delay were not the result of Russian sabotage. They were the result of a transfer of the database from one host to the next and were the fault of nobody, Axis or Allied.

Therefore, there was no need to agree on anything other than how to fix the problems and then begin the negotiation necessary to get things back on track. So, the way I see it is, you need to get the Allies in Crimea to agree to your request to continue the campaign schedule as it was before the database problems occurred.

The same is true for the Kuban. The Axis forces that I speak with nearly everyday are fully aware of the database problems and may post any opinions they have regarding a restart of the schedule, just as the Allies (and now you) have already done.

The negotiations continue.

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”