Mission 1 and continuing momentum

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

SYN_Doc

Post by SYN_Doc » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:17 pm

Shame after all the time and preparation - I could make Sundays so I prepared well for it - Thursdays I play in a league and that's me out totally with no say in the matter. Why was it changed? Presumably people were ok for that day of the week originally - if you are going to agree things and then change them you will lose all credibility I'm afraid. I have now wasted a lot of days, not just hours.

Coming on Sundays without the rest of my squad is not an option - I joined this to take part with my squad.

Good luck anyway,

SYN_Doc
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:22 pm

S!

Can you please detail some examples of your preparation and share with us how you actually lost time? I hear this from a lot of people and maybe you can help me measure this elusive number.

thanks,
Brandle
SYN_Doc

Post by SYN_Doc » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:38 pm

Hi Brandle
If you will tell me who requested the change in the already agreed weekly day and on what grounds it was accepted then I will gladly tell you what my time was spent on!

Cheers

Doc
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:01 pm

there was a thread in the public forum about the schedule and much discussion was had by all, many weeks before the campaign started. To complain about the schedule now, of all times, is a bit late :wink:
One reason for the time change was that we, the 69th, requested it because many of our pilots would struggle to participate during the week. Critically, no objection was noted.

there's still a mission on sunday though, if you thought midway was on sunday what's to stop your squad from participating in the Crimea?
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:12 pm

S!

I have no idea who but I am confident it was not done to exclude you.
I have no idea why but I am confident there were reasons.

You opt to play in a league so that is your choice. You opt to fly with your squad and not alone so that is your choice. You are making all the decisions that will impact your participation, not the people who rescheduled. They are just doing what they have been doing since day 1 = trying to keep as many people happy as possible.

Thursday night league.......that sounds familiar.....wait a minute, what type of league is this on Thursday night?

Brandle
SYN_Doc

Post by SYN_Doc » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:28 pm

Brandle doesn't even deserve a reply for such an inane comment. What I do with my time is my affair - if it had been agreed as Thursdays then I would not have signed up. I happen to have more than one activity in my life - Brandle is once again suggesting that anyone who doesn't put IL2 first isn't worth bothering about - he's tried that one before but I will remain polite and factual. This has cost me several days and I feel therefore entitled to express my opinion - particulary as I spent most of this year working with Shades and his team - a very enjoyable experience on all fronts except one - I've had this sort of thing repeatedly from Brandle so I will politely ignore it.

Malysh - I would say that changing it after it has started is a bit too late!

(by the way, I never even remotely suggested the someone was forcing me out - words fail me!)

I signed up and Sunday was the agreed day for Midway - I signed up because I was available. Sunday was still the agreed day up and until this week! So, sorry, I didn't put my case before because it was on Sundays - a day when I am available.

Once again, I hope it goes well

Cheers

SYN_Doc
Last edited by SYN_Doc on Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:59 pm

again, if you'll look at the mission scheduling thread it's been an ongoing discussion from the start. The first time that an official schedule posted midway outside of Sunday (in this case on wednesday, before it was moved again) was posted by Gross on november the 21st, in the aptly named weekly mission scheduling thread.

sunday has still got a mission, just not for midway. Why not fly in the Crimea?
SYN_Karma

Post by SYN_Karma » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:52 pm

i would prefer midway on sunday too ... better late than never :roll:
SYN_Rep

Post by SYN_Rep » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:03 pm

im sorry guys, the blame has to lie squarely at my door here, as i was the one relaying information to SYN, i was away from the squad for 2 weeks with family matters, i must have missed the timetable revision, i had a lot on my mind, we all initially thought it was a sunday for midway, and crimea thursday, we only found out during the second TS meeting with viff, IAF, 69 giap and others that it had been swapped around.

i can understand doc being aggrieved, it is my fault though, so lets just work this out, ok, its a thursday, i and most of the squad are fine with that, and crimea on a sunday, im fine with that also, xmas is a busy time for me, 2 kids, wife, family, as most of us have, so, after the holiday period i and im sure the others will be ready to go.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:39 pm

I am not happy with this thread. Clearly there has been a misunderstanding at the root of this discussion, and clearly there have been some axes to grind.

Brandle: lift your game

Doc: check with your CO

Thread closed.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”