Error generated from incorrect username.

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

BBloke

Error generated from incorrect username.

Post by BBloke »

I've analysed a new mission and found a bit of a hiccup during the players section. It cropped up due to an unforeseen TAB mark at the end of the name.

Easy enough to correct by amending the the eventlog.lst. Just thought I'd mention it. I remember the game doesn't like you using the tab key in the pilot name fields to move around.

Sorry if this has been posted previously.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi BBloke,

Thanks. You know, players' names have been really tough to deal with. Some people insist on starting their names with a space, others have tabs embedded, etc. It makes it hard to parse their names and record/display them nicely. Can you remember what the specific error message was?

Happy New Year!
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

BBloke

Post by BBloke »

LOL. We all know why they start with a space ;) or other special characters. I don't remember the error but I can easily replicate it.

Give me a little time and I'll re-run things and post it up.
BBloke

Post by BBloke »

Error message generated was:
modMissionAnalyzer.subGatherScores: unknown pilot {pilotname}

After clicking ok you then receive the following relating to the pilots score lines:
modMissionAnalyzer.subLoadEventReports: extra lines found in log file 'Score: x500'

(where x is a special character).

Hope it is helpful.