AAA Platoon movement

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

eric963

AAA Platoon movement

Post by eric963 »

When initializing my template i used the "Load all ground/sea units with maximum strength" opotion. This created 4 unit 85mm AAA platons around my airfields which is what I wanted.

When I order one of those AAA units to move to a new location it turns into a single truck on the first mission then on the next mission it turns into 4 trucks.

If I destroy that single truck during the first missioin I get credit for 1 kill then during the next mission the remaining 3 truck will appear as they should.

Just wanting to know of the single truck thing is how its supposed to be.

Thanks
Eric
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

No, that isn't how it is meant to be! :shock: Testing ...
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

All looks fine to me. An AAA platoon with 4x88mm was moved and immediately morphed into 4xOpelBlitz trucks. I am using the latest public release version.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eric963

Post by eric963 »

I'm using the most recent version also.

Would it have been possible for the other 3 vehicles to have gotten seperated/delayed for some reason or have taken a diffent route based on how they were placed on the map? It took me a few minutes to fly across the map and I was under flak fire while straffing that single truck. Didn't even think to check farther back down the road I just assumed they would all be together.

Thanks
Eric
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

It is definitely possible for that to happen. Now I am not saying that there isn't a bug, and I am not disbelieving you. I simply couldn't reproduce the error myself. It is not uncommon for trucks to get split up in traffic tangles.

The definitive test would be to examine the mission file in FMB and count the number of trucks in that unit, but we can't always do that.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eric963

Post by eric963 »

Well I placed a static camera out by that AAA emplacement and booted up the template and gave them a move order. 3 of the trucks got stuck on some trees on the outskirts of the city and 1 truck made it to the road undetered. Seems they stayed stuck the entire mission and then when I loaded up the next mission they were all placed on the raod.

Thanks for looking into it again for me.

Eric