Moving objects that have stopped ...

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

docattak

Moving objects that have stopped ...

Post by docattak »

Hi again (who's this again bloke?)

I can't for the life of me set up, for example, a tank to move from 12:00 to 12:05, say, and then in MP set waypoints for it again (after the next build).

The tank's mission is always still in progress and is inaccessible!
Must have a wrong assumption here.

If a human pilot takes off from one place and lands at another, where is his plane available from in the next session?

Yes, I'm trying lots of little scenarios to see how things work before trying to put a small campaign together.

4S, if you read this would you point me to the TS address please and I will ask a few questions there and save you a lot of typing time lol. What kind of times are you guys on (GMT)?

Can stationary object be repositioned in MP? I can't seem to do that either - or are they just set up all over the map in FMB at the start. Is FMB generally used at all apart from the initial setup?

Cheers

docattak
Last edited by docattak on Sun 08 Feb 2009 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi docattak,

TS server: 85.14.216.230:8769 pw "seow"

I am GMT+8, on in my evenings normally. Brandle is GMT-5 so you should be able to catch him latish in the evenings too. But you might also contact 242Sqn_Chap at 242 Forums: http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/ . Chap lives in Essex I believe.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Oh, and your tank with its short movement might be affected by "Fog of War". I recommend that all SEOW beginners turn Fog Of War OFF at all times.

Also, there is a "Remove In Progress" button in the DCS - this can kill all In Progress missions immediately after each mission Analyze stage, which can help things for you.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

docattak

Post by docattak »

Ah, so that's what it does ('Remove in Progress') - very useful.

Thanks mate.

Cheers

docattak