Crimea Airfield Maps

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

As a PBO with cargo capacity a Betty could be loaded just fine. Is there an important technical reason why the unloading process would have different requirements than the loading process?

Was the PBO -> PTR edit documented elsewhere? I had searched the forums and wiki before doing this and only found the Transport_Capacity edit, but I am notorious for missing things that are right under my nose. :-)

The silver lining to this cloud is that I've done a set of detailed airfield maps for the Singapore map (the second map where we used the Betty for air cargo). I'll get them packed up neatly soon. It is a bit more involved than Crimea because I also edited the Airbases table to correct a few spelling errors, etc.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Tushka,

No you did just fine - this mistake was all mine. The MP allows any unit with Transport_Capacity > 0 to load freight. However, of all aircraft units, it only allowed gliders and PTR class aircraft to unload. This is inconsistent and an oversight. I have corrected this now for the next release. In the meantime, you will need to set the Object_Class to "PTR" and the Transport_Capacity to something > 0 to get correct functioning of air transports.

The only clue that your commanders would have seen that something was amiss was that, when unloading, clicking on the map would have shown no unloaded freight icon. Normally the unloaded unit appears at the click location. This particular Javascript function has been amended so that it cannot return without providing an informational alert.

So it was a combination of an exception without user alert, and an unnecessarily restrictive test for unloading capability. Sorry about that!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

Our commanders were unable to see the placed objects but attributed that to the scale of the zone maps they had been using. It was only after we had detailed airfield maps that it became obvious that the Betty and Li-2 were behaving differently from each other. Thanks for the explanation and updates. The process of continuous improvement continues apace. :-)
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.