DB Connection problem

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

okay, what's the best thing to do if it's ODBC?
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Wait for Brigstock to come back from vacation....
22GCT_Gross
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

:lol:
When would that be?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Guys,

I've lost track. Has the DB been set up correctly and loaded with data? Is the MP connecting to the DB? Is the DCS connecting to the DB?

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Guys,

I've lost track. Has the DB been set up correctly and loaded with data? Is the MP connecting to the DB? Is the DCS connecting to the DB?

Cheers,
4S
DB is ok; I also loaded an old marianas campaign and you can browse it at http://seow.servegame.org/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default.php
MP<->DB is ok.
DCS does not connect to the DB; neither the normandy, nor the marianas.
22GCT_Gross
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Guys,

Cheers,
4S
1. Yes, the DB is loaded with data as detailed in the installation instructions.

2. I'm not sure about the MP. But I get costs and the Normandy map, so I'm presuming yes.

3. DCS is not able to connect to the DB.

Some other things of note.
1. I'm using Windows Server 2003 x64. And I have downloaded and installed the driver for mysql following the procedure Brigstock describes. So unzip files, copy to system32 and then run install.bat to register driver. Now it is displayed in the ODBC panel.
2. I can make a user DSN and it works. I can connect to the DB for Normandy.
3. Using Navicat I can connect to the Mysql server and see the tables of the Normandy DB.
4. Using the exact same logon info, I cannot connect to the BD in DCS. However password is empty and I am not sure how to add the provision for old passwords to the my.ini. Could this cause the problem.
5. The full SQL driver which is installed automatically on windows 2003 is still there as a driver. Do I need to remove this driver?

Thanks!

Cheers,
Petr