Amending Database Infantry Table

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

AH_Moggy

Amending Database Infantry Table

Post by AH_Moggy »

Howdy all:

My squadron is again diving into SEOW full-speed. We're using the English Channel map and we're planning on a raw score based victory condition set.

So, we're trying to "populate" various targets with point-value static objects inside, solely to increase the potential amount of raw points available (for the blue side primarily, of course).

The DCS allows a fairly low # of these with no error problems, but we're trying to push the envelope here a little. My question is:

How difficult is it to amend the infantry table to increase the number of units allowed?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Moggy,

I assume your are referring to the Army_Units table which provides the available army unit names for your campaign. This table is designed to be edited by campaign designers so, yes, you can add as many new names to the table as you want. The default records in the table for each sector are just suggestions - feel free to change/extend to suit your needs. Each record, which gives you one Division name and class, expands to 64 platoons at most. So if you want 200 additional platoon names of various classes (A,T,V,E) you will need at least 4 additional name records.

Remember, A is for artillery/flak, T is for armour, V is for vehicles and infantry, E is for engineers.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

AH_Moggy

Post by AH_Moggy »

Thanks, as always, 4Shades! Yes, at least I think that's what I was referring to. Though I'm somewhat familiar with the DCS, I'm actually not the admin for our squadron's SEOW, but rather was asking for AH_Twenty, who is. He essentially asked me the following (quotations mine):

"I attempted to load the Template #9, but got a error. The DCS want me to amend the infantry table to increase the number in units. I did figure out how to open a SQL table, but I still don’t know how to add to it or exactly what to add to the table."

I was pretty sure the error was a lack of DB unit entries to assign to all these new ground unit "targets." Now, not knowing exactly how to do it, I'm assuming it's a function of updating the database via MySQL to add the new unit designations, right?

Moggy
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, exactly, your admin needs to add extra records to the Army_Units table. Once he learns how to do that, he will feel The Force grow strong within him, and worlds will be his toys. :)

Most people use a GUI tool to edit their MySQL databases. There are some excellent tools out there. personally I recommend the Lite version of Navicat for MySQL. It is free and fabulous: http://www.navicat.com/en/download/download.html

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

AH_Moggy

Post by AH_Moggy »

Cheers, mate!

Moggy