MP_ManageCampaign.php - Error on page.

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Medar

MP_ManageCampaign.php - Error on page.

Post by Medar »

~S~ all.

When I try and set manual reinforcements for one of the sides of a battle...I am getting the following when I click the little blue arrow to commit.

I've tried reloading this page from a fresh download...but still get the same thing.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 20:51:44 UTC

Line: 922
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: xxxMY_URLxxx/Scripts/MP-ManageCampaign.php?Sector=Normandy&Focus=
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Medar,

It looks like you are using Internet Explorer 8. I must admit I have never checked this browser before.

I just started IE8 and went to the Manage Campaigns tool in my own MP4 server. I tried to allocate reinforcements and got an error on page. :oops:

So, then I went to the IE8 Tools menu and hit "Compatibility View". The reinforcement allocation worked perfectly.

So we have learnt something. IE8 is a significant change over IE7 - it has changed its DOM to something that does not understand some IE7-style Javascript methods. But thankfully we can run IE8 in compatibility mode and the MP4 still works.

Any other MP4 bug reports are gratefully accepted.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Medar

Post by Medar »

Oooh...Compatibility Mode! You know...I consider myself a pretty advanced user and builder of all things PCs and web...and that one totally skipped my mind.

Good catch and good info to know! As always - thanks.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:D

FYI, I develop the MP using Firefox with IETab enabled. I just find it a bit easier to use.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Medar

Post by Medar »

Going there now! I use FF for everything else...only started using MSIE since the warning told me to, LOL.