AirRegtStruct[...].Squadron' is null or not an object

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Medar

AirRegtStruct[...].Squadron' is null or not an object

Post by Medar »

~S~ and I apologize for all the questions that are probably easy to fix for an advanced user.

So I went into compatibility mode and reinforced the Axis side - no issues at all. Went to the Allied Side (after adding 4 x M5b Spits) and it was giving me the below error when I went to the AlliedHQ main sector to direct the reinforcements to an airbase.

I confirmed the issue was the addition of reinforcements by deleting the reinforcement out of the "Resupply_Replacements" table...reloading the page (which worked fine)...and then added some GROUND troops for something different.

Same issue developed and went away by deleting the reinforcement from the table. I tried troubleshooting this in the code and checked the AirRegimentStructure table, and looked in the Airforce_Units Table filtered for New Guinea...but I just don't understand the associations yet...and have not dug into the code enough where I understand what is pulling from where, and where all the dependencies are.

Below is the IE8 error - I did try compatibility mode on and off this time.

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 14:37:32 UTC

Message: 'AirRegtStruct[...].Squadron' is null or not an object
Line: 10593
Char: 4
Code: 0
URI: http://xxxxx/Scripts/MP-Head.js
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Medar,

That part of the MP-Head.js code is used to assign proper names to flights, e.g.

IV/JG7 St. 1, Schwarm 1
23 Squadron Flight 1, Section 1

according to nationality (emblem). Maybe, in your campaign, you have some nattionality that is not represented in Airforce_Units table, or where the Country fields in Airforce_Units does not match exactly the Country field in the AirRegimentStructure table.

Just to be sure, HSFX4 does use a different set of air regimental names than 4.09, so we need to be certain that you have enabled HSFX support for your campaign.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Medar

Post by Medar »

Gotcha - I will look around in there to see if I can identify it before someone else does.

I am running the vanilla "out of the box" version of the Tunis Beginner Mission with a few guys that have not flown much...so it is something in there since I did not change anything.

Oh - and we are running it on 4.09m vanilla as well.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Medar,

I suspect you might have to change all occurrences of "New Zealand" to "NewZealand" in the Country field of the Airforce_Units table.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Medar

Post by Medar »

Well I'm stumped.

I tried the New Zealand change...didn't seem to work.

So I swapped campaigns and reinforced my Normandy Allied - and the same error cropped up. Now I am running the large "reference" database on both my Tunis and Normandy Campaigns...so now figured it may be the database itself.

I created a new database, loaded ONLY the Tunis.sql - and then exported/imported all relevant mission data from the original reference db for Tunis)...into the Tunis-specific DB. Much smaller :)

However - same issue occurred.

I even re-downloaded the PHP files and replaced the file in question (MP_Head.js).

Since I am running the out-of-the box Tunis and Normandy campaigns...am not sure what would cause this.
Medar

Post by Medar »

And I don't know if this is something in the code or a mistake I have made...but if any login information to the SQL DB or the MP would help identify the issue - definitely let me know.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Medar, please let me know your DB details so I can log in, and also your MP address so I can check it out.

Use PM.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer