MySQL Database tutorial

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Thank you 4Shades I knew there is a solution.

Since I´m a IT illiterate, I have to ask this question.

Isn´t there a little howto anywhere explaining how to get there where I´m wanting to go with my Ubuntu rootserver MySQL?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

I understand that it is hard to develop experience in database server and web server administration. I did think about developing documentation on this, but I found that there are many different combinations of technology that people choose to employ, each of which gets upgraded over time by the respective developers, so it became too hard.

Some options are briefly discussed at http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/Requirements, but often the MySQL site is the best place to look to learn how to configure MySQL. Likewise the Apache site is the best place to learn about how to configure Apache; the same for PHP etc, same for XAMPP, WAMP, etc etc. Getting these things all set up is a task that you must do for just about all servers like forums, photobuckets, file servers etc. Once they are set up, SEOW installation is normally straightforward.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=69.GIAP=BOOS

Post by =69.GIAP=BOOS »

Hi

I just wanted to say thank you to Chamel and Emil, this guide helped me out loads and I am now able to explore the capabilities of SEOW much better than before.

Thank you!

Boos