Khalkin Gol

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JG6_Express

Khalkin Gol

Post by JG6_Express »

Hi Fellas,

I installed the Khalkin Gol campaign. When I try to intialize it, I receive the following error message.

I went into mySQL Db and located this data.

What and where do I correct the # of army units for this to work?
~S~
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

SEOW contains default army "divisions" for most sectors, but where campaign designers develop detailed orders of battle, the default listings may be insufficient. Remember that each named division expands to 64 platoons, so if the template defines, say, 300 platoons, on the Allied side then there must be at least 5 named divisions available for the Allies in that sector.

Actually it is a little more complicated than that, since divisions are grouped according to type, e.g. A (artillery), V (transport/infantry), T (armour) etc.

It is very easy to create your own list of divisions. Simply edit the Army_Units table and add new lines for Khalkhin Gol. Your error message shows that you need more "V" class divisions for the Allies. You can call a new division anything you like (try to avoid quotes and strange characters). Let's assume you name a new division "16_Express_Commando". This will automatically make 64 platoons available in the following format:

n/16 Express Commando Company p, Platoon q

where n = 1,2,3,4 (regiment)
p = 1,2,3,4 (company)
q = 1,2,3,4 (platoon)

So define some more divisions in Army_Units table, re-initialize until it works.

Cheers,
4Shades

PS: Check out Navicat or SQLyog - these tools make administering MySQL databases fun and easy, and there are free versions available.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Thanks again M8 for that info. I kept adding units one at a time until the campaign finally would initialize. It took 6 regiments of V, 5 regiments of A, and 2 regiments of T.

However, when I enter the MP HQ to start planning a mission, I get this error while the MP HQ planner is about halfway thru uploading the map.

Clicking on the NO option does nothing. You have to click on yes.
Once you have done that, the map appears with the units, but no planning options are available. Also, even though I went into the AxisHQ, I can see every unit on both sides.
I tried using compatiability settings and even switched browsers to FF but still same issue.
Have I missed doing something else with this template?
~S~
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

As long as the DCS gives you no errors on the initialize, you have done everything correctly.

The Windows Internet Explorer timeout error is basically telling you that there is a lot of information to render on the map. I suspect that it will load a lot faster if you use the DCS to remove all units in progress (Manage tab, button on lower right). The designer probably used many moving units in the template.

Once you have done that, the map appears with the units, but no planning options are available. Also, even though I went into the AxisHQ, I can see every unit on both sides.
Have you checked the settings that you used to initialize the campaign? Check the dynamic recon settings and the playability limits. Maybe you had turned dynamic recon off, or used large initial intelligence values. These settings are not contained in the campaign template file - they are your responsibility to set prior to initializing the campaign.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Thanks again you Ol Desert Dawg! Works like a champ. I sure do appreciate all the hard work, time, and effort all of you have done to put this all at our fingertips.
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

If you want to ajust scripts delays, you may edit your registery:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/175500