SEOW Radar

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

311_Tank

SEOW Radar

Post by 311_Tank »

Hello everybody !

I'm not actually the SEOW user but I organise time to time for local il2 community special events and for one such event i would love to deploy the amazing SEOW radar. (simulation of one day combat operations over sicili durng husky)

So what I would like to achieve is to have SEOW radar runing on Zuti MDS server. I presume that radar B-29 provides data to devicelink which then feeds the SEOW application an generating the web page radar screen ?

I wonder if it is possible to make it working with MDS and if sou which SEOW application components I would need up and running.

Any advice or help pointing me to right direction is highly appreciated !

Thanks in advance !

Best regards
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Tank,

SEOW Radar was based on a Mod first developed by 6S.Maraz. Maraz's code was extended and added to HSFX4.0, with direct SEOW coding support for real-time display. Subsequently Zuti expanded this Mod to give in-game on-map display of radar information. Here are some notes on the Radar Mod:

1. HSFX4.x versions have a fully operational Radar Mod that works seamlessly with SEOW.
2. The information transfer is simple: whenever the RadarControl object (B-29SP shell) is active in a mission, HSFX aggregates radar station locations and contact readings and writes them to a timestamped file inside the "Radar/RadarLogs" folder inside the game install folder. If installed on the same machine, SEOW reads these files and displays the data in real time on a web page in the SEOW MP.
3. By default, SEOW expects the radar contact files to obey an SEOW mission naming convention, but this can be overwritten by selecting a DEBUG mode in the MP4/Scripts/MP-RadarScreen.php code ($DebugRadarGlob value).
4. To get SEOW Radar working, you will need the MP installed and pointing to a valid SEDB.
4. I do not use Zuti's MDS, so I have no idea whether the MDS radar function coexists with the HSFX4 radar function.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

311_Tank

Post by 311_Tank »

Cheers this is very usefull information !

Thanks !