Assigning a New Unit

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Assigning a New Unit

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Greetings! Having a problem on the Korea map where the Axis Commander can not asign a new unit. When he selects the dropdown there is nothing available. What database table should I be looking at to correct this?

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Maybe you've solved because it's working for me.
22GCT_Gross
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

if not, add new units in Airforce_Units table. Respect if possible Regiment_Type (PBO, PFI...)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, to clarify, do not *add* new records to Airforce_Units table. Just change the Campaign_Sector to Korea for some air regiments you would like to enable in that campaign.

FYI, only the Campaign_Sector and Verbose fields are editable in that table. Do not change anything else.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thanks for the help. Gross, was weird, the Axis Commander sent me a thank you for fixing it but I didn't fix anything yet. Then, he checked again and they were gone. :shock:

All seems fine now...I hope.
VF-51_Cobraj

Post by VF-51_Cobraj »

Before seeing this post I added to "Airforce_Units" these lines below. These are historic Korean air units.

Before I did this no squadrons shown up in reinforcements tab for North Korea. It shows up just fine now. Should I remove these 4Shades??

NorthKorea 56th Guards"Taejon" Fighter 56th Guards"Taejon" Fighter Aviation Regiment PFI Axis kp Korea 0

NorthKorea 1st Assault 1st Assault Aviation Regiment PFI Axis kp Korea 0

NorthKorea 1st Fighter 1st Fighter Aviation Regiment PFI Axis kp Korea 0
Regards,

Air Group 51 / 51 Group, CO
=Cobraj=

www.airgroup51.net
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Cobraj,

You can physically add records to Airforce_Units table, making up as many regimental names etc as you like. SEOW won't care, the MP will handle them happily, the DCS will build the mission file no problems.

BUT, your game (IL2/HSFX/...) will probably not recognize them and your coop will not load. Air regiments are hard-coded inside the game, and the default listing inside Airforce_Units in SEOW represents ALL the defined units inside HSFX.

If you have added extra regiments without ensuring that your game/mod supports them, you may be in for a shock at coop hosting time (if any active flights are using those regimental names).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer