Hosting problems

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=gRiJ=SaoS

Hosting problems

Post by =gRiJ=SaoS »

Good day all.

Yesterday we tried to launch a SEOW mission on our server. It is supossed that the mision was generated for Hsfx 4.11 and our server is running that version (not UP one).

So we loaded the mission but lot of people could not enter on the game, most of them were stucked in "90% Loading humans", I was one of them and I have flown the Multisector campaign for months so I just understand nothing, and things went worse when most of the people that finally entered were using the Hsfx of UP2.0

Any idea?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Send me the mission files (.mis and .properties). I can debug.

The way I would do it would be to remove flights/chiefs/stationaries successively, trying to load each time. Trial and error will eventually identify the bad line in the mission file.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=SaoS

Post by =gRiJ=SaoS »

So you mean the problem was in the mission not in our server? In that case could it be the SEOW merger of plots?

If you think this, we will try again next day before bothering you.

Thank you anyway
102nd-HR-cmirko

Re: Hosting problems

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

=gRiJ=SaoS wrote: So we loaded the mission but lot of people could not enter on the game, most of them were stucked in "90% Loading humans", I was one of them and I have flown the Multisector campaign for months....

Hi,

this could be a problem with client computers - turn on S3TC texture compression in your il2 setup and try the mission load again.... - if you are playing on Channels Uk map this is the most probable problem....

cheers
=gRiJ=SaoS

Post by =gRiJ=SaoS »

Yes it was the channel map... we will try this.. thanks!