Merge Mission Tool

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

62_Anubis

Merge Mission Tool

Post by 62_Anubis »

Hi people,

I´m trying to investigate this tool (to merge 2 .mis files) and I go to the Template Merger page and I´m asked a password.

First: I don´t know which password to use

Second: There is only the "password" field, no buttons at all (i.e. Login)

Can someone help, please?

Thanks in advance

Anubis

EDITED: Found the password, it was "frog"
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

yes, it's frog, but this "frog" is no more working for my new installation... :(
22GCT_Gross
62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

I think it´s in the .js file, open it with an editor and see the content.

Edited: I think I gave too few info.

The files are in MP4_Public/Merger/

There are several php files and one .js (If I remember well), if you open it with an editor, you will see the variable and the password assigned to that variable.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

it's exactly what I've just done, but it doesnt work. Maybe the 5.3.5 Php version?
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Works for me on PHP v5.3.4. Maybe you edited the .js file and broke the syntax? Just an idea.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Try copying that folder from the downloaded package again to your Webserver tree and check if it works.

---

Besides, for what I understand, Shades, Merger is a donation made to your project, so I throw this question to the whole people...
Why is Merger Tool password protected???? I really don´t see the point.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Negative.
I didnt touch the code, anyway I downloaded it from the CVS repository at sourceforge and it doesnt work.
http://85.14.216.230/SEOW/MP4public/Merger/default.php
maybe I'm somehow wrong...
22GCT_Gross
62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

I´ve just logged into your server with Internet Explorer 9 (beta), and `frog` worked perfectly.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Sorry, you type frog and then? I have no result, no tool visible, no cell background colour changed. Where am I wrong?
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

22GCT_Gross wrote:Sorry, you type frog and then? I have no result, no tool visible, no cell background colour changed. Where am I wrong?
Solution: I was using Chrome :evil:
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:wink:

For background information, I put the password on the tool so people could have an extra layer of security. Without a password feature anyone browsing the web could use the tool, potentially spamming the MP. It is recommended that you set your own password (in the .js file) just like you set your own admin password in MP-Configuration.php.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Now it totally makes sense Shades, thanks for the info.

Idea for future releases: Assuming the password protected Merger Tool, could be possible to have something to get the merged .mis file in a remote way? i.e: each side UPLOADS it´s own template, someone with the password merges them, and ... with another password or something, downloads the merged file from the webserver. :)
This could be usefull if, for example, the host is not present at the needed moment, so someone else could download it and host.

@Gross, that´s why I said that I was using Internet Explorer ;)

Google for IETab for Chrome
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Anubis,

Well, the Merger Tool does provide a download link for the merged mission file, so the person using the tool can download the file once it is complete. The download link remains valid (it is not a one-time link), so anyone else can grab the file as well if they know the link.

The Merger process is used only once (at most) in a campaign, simply to provide a template file where both sides prepare their orders of battle in secrecy. Once the campaign is initialized (using the merged template), the actual mission files to be hosted are produced by the DCS. The DCS, too, can connect to the MySQL database remotely, so anyone with knowledge of the connection password can run a local copy of the DCS to build the mission file, download it, host it, analyze the results etc. Is this what you meant?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

62_Anubis

Post by 62_Anubis »

Hi Shades,

No, I was meaning only the begining template, but as you said that Merger tool does provide with a download link I will look at it closer, maybe I didn´t see it :)

Once initialized, I have it clear that anyone with a well configured DCS can take care of the rest.

By the way, we´re about to start our first campaign against another squad and I´d like you to know that with every test we were doing, the words from all our members were "WOW, what a piece of work they´ve done with SEOW, it´s incredible", so again, congratulations for this great tool and thanks for making it available to everyone!

Cheers!

Anubis
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

You wait until the next version! ;)

Wind, radio navigation, plus a bunch of new goodies exclusive to HSFX.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer