Resupply / Reinforcement Points

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

II/JG7_Warg

Resupply / Reinforcement Points

Post by II/JG7_Warg »

I'm sure this must have come up often enough in regard to the DCS. Is it possible to bring in red reinforcements for the British, consiting of flyable J8A Gladiators. Suspect its a database ammendment thing. They are only shown for blue in the campaign management and not an option for red, regardless of whether the historical tab is unchecked.

Regards, Warg
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes it is. The default database contains "alignments" for each different object type. Alignments are either Allied ("r") or Axis ("g") or neutral ("n"). Neutral objects are available to both sides. If a template designer has a need to change the default alignments of any object, then the alignment/nationality field for that object in the Object_Specifications table can simply be changed. This will immediately propagate through to the Reinforcements tool.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 »

In testing I found that by changing the nationality of an object type to "n" it removed the object from the list of available reinforcement units for either side altogether.
This was using a unit that was not in the template so it appears that for a unit to be available to both sides in reinforcement pool it must be present in the template during initialization?

Thanks,
Hawk_5
II/JG7_Warg

Post by II/JG7_Warg »

The objects / units in question are all included in the template when initialised. From the posts, am still unclear about the results of selecting "n" for units in the database. Don't have access to the database anyway. Will postpone this for now and move onto other things.

Regards, Warg
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

OK, I eat my words! :oops:

Sorry, I thought I had written this feature, but I hadn't. It is done now, and will appear in the next patch release. Objects with a default alignment of "n" in the Object_Specifications table will be available to BOTH sides in the reinforcements tool.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer