air resupply mission - how to cancell ?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-HR-cmirko

air resupply mission - how to cancell ?

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

well the subject contains all my problems :) - one of my fellow commanders did a bit of planning and now we would like to cancel that mission - MP doesn't allow that operation :)

any ideas ?

thx in advance
Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

Be very careful when planning reinforcement flights, especially Top Ups! :)

Actually, I don't exactly know why reinforcement plans cannot be cancelled and why Top Ups cannot even be seen in the MP after they are committed. Let's see what Shades has to say about this one...
Hitcher
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Just bad programming! No way around it short of editing the DB directly.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

since Zoltan is going to do actual edit of DB - can you please tell us which table to look for ? :)

thx once more for swift reply :)
rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

If the procedure is too complicated (e.g., iterative), maybe it's more reliable if 4Shades does the editing.

edit: :lol: I just notice the words in his signature: "design, code, fly". And the notable absense of "fix bugs" part? :P
Fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:D :D :D :D

For "New Unit Commissions", there will be corresponding single line in GroupMissionData and a set of records in NewWaypoints. Remove these. Increment the reinforcements decremented in making the new flight, in Resupply_Reinforcements.

For Top-Ups, simply edit the Resupply_Reinforcements table to get rid of the appropriate line with Committed=1 and the corresponding Unit_Name of the understrength unit. Reinstate the aircraft designated for topup into the total reinforcements at the supply point.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

Thanks, I will try to do this on Saturday.
rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: For "New Unit Commissions", there will be corresponding single line in GroupMissionData and a set of records in NewWaypoints. Remove these.
Okay, I found the flight in concern, the only "Transfer to front" flight on Axis side.
I removed from the single line from GroundMissionData (1 line)
and from NewWayPoints (4 lines)

However, I don't understand this:
Increment the reinforcements decremented in making the new flight, in Resupply_Reinforcements.
First of all, I have no idea, what type of plane was in the transfer flight. I only know the squadron name and number of planes.

Secondly, instead of manipulating Resupply_reinforcement table, wouldn't it be easier to add the necessary planes through MP, with admin authority?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Sounds like you are looking at a "New Unit" rather than a "Top Up".
First of all, I have no idea, what type of plane was in the transfer flight. I only know the squadron name and number of planes.
The squadron name can be cross-referenced against the latest set of data in ObjMissionData to find the aircraft type.
Secondly, instead of manipulating Resupply_reinforcement table, wouldn't it be easier to add the necessary planes through MP, with admin authority?
Yes, the Reinforcements tool under "Manage Campaign" handles the Resupply_Reinforcements table directly. This is a suitable alternative for "New Unit" commissions.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

102nd-HR-cmirko

yes, it was a new unit, I will ask my commander for the correct plane type and get it to you Zoltan :)

S! and thx once again :)
rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

Sounds like you are looking at a "New Unit" rather than a "Top Up".
Yepp, sounds like that. Alhtough I don't have a clue what the difference is between them :D I honestly admit, sometimes it would be good to know what I am doing in the DB :lol:
Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

I like the rule that says:

If you goof up and add a reinforcement or top up mission by mistake, you simply have to live with it. :D

I'm so Xtreme, aren't I? :wink:
Hitcher