Possible problem with roads on italy map

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Interesting, thanks for the report Chamel. I'll have a look at this when I get back. I suspect that the Iasi map may have been changed in one of the recent IL-2 or HSFX updates.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

You're right Chamel, Iasi map has been updated in 4.09m final. I captured it one year ago (4.09b1m) :wink:

As you can see below, there were rivers and railways bridges around Botosani. When you use FMB+ you can see the exact number of data base.
So, we have to correct that. And we have also to check:
- roads, railways and all bridges.
- all airbases (landing point, take off point) (This point is the most important)
- industrial objects location
We have to do the same job for Odessa map
It's a great work :lol: I'll do that when I'll have enough time.
Could you help me with capture airbases. Easy to do: one plane, 3 WP, take off, normal flight, landing on each airbase. Then compare datas from .mis file with Iasi and Odessa databases (airbases table).
--> When possible, take off at the east point of the airbase, except when take off is better on the other side (trees, mountains...)

There are many updates to do (KTO map for example). Volunteers are requested!

Cheers JP

EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Good news ... :)

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

Well, quite a lot of the rework has already been done by a good friend of mine - thanks Fisch! Image
You can download one mission file for roads / railways each under the following links:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/650529/Iasi_SEOW/iasi_roads.mis
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/650529/Iasi_SEO ... ilways.mis

These files have been double checked and should be correct! I think this already saves you quite some work! 8)

Fisch has also already captured the existing factories and has added some more for a campaign that we would like to start soon on the Iasi map:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/650529/Iasi_SEO ... tories.mis

The four blue racing poles mark the only existing factories - so only these should be relevant for you now.
As we don't want to use the supply/fuel feature, we haven't dealt with the fuel tanks yet.

Ok. I am tired now, but I will check this thread tomorrow to see what's going on and how I might help. I am sure that Fisch will join this thread too! 8)

Greetings
Chamel
Fisch

Problem with capturing Bridges

Post by Fisch »

Hi @ all :wink: .
First of all I want to thank 4Shades and the whole SEOW-Community for creating this and keeping SEOW alive. The more I get into it, the more i`m fascinated. Please excuse my "english", I´m from germany and don´t use it much :wink: .

At the moment I deal with the Iasi-Map, and got some questions, actually about capturing bridges.

1) while reading out the bridge data from the captured roads and railways, I got 4 coordinates for each bridge (2 for X-Axis, 2 for Y-Axis)
In the DB Bridges-Table are only 2 contained - one X and one Y.
Can someone give me a little hint about which coordinates I have to use for creating the DB Bridges Table?

2) 4Shades "himself" :wink: wrote in "How to add a new sector map to SEOW"
...The remainder of the fields in the Bridges table are easy enough to fill out, except Damage_Name. The Damage_Name is given by the BridgeID according to the corresponding entry in Bridge_Codes table.
Mmmh. Where do I know from, if a bridge construction is "wooden" or "metal"?

Thank you all in advance for helping me a bit.

Fisch
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Bonjour Fish ;-)

Bridges Datas with an example:
From FMB (X1,Y1, X2,Y2, number)
278100 39100 -240
278300 39300 -240

For SEOW number = -(-240) - 1 = 239
Xmid = (X1+X2)/2 = 278200
Ymid= (Y1+Y2)/2 = 39200
length= SQRT[(X1-X2)² + (Y1-Y2)²] =283m

Wood or Metal ? --> To check in the map, but generally, major roads and railways have metal bridges and secondary roads wooden bridges.

Cheers
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Thank You for Your fast response :) .

Now it´s getting clearer - the bridge coordinates for the DB have to be "middled", I see. That helps :) .

But:
will it cause any trouble later if I declare a wooden bridge to metal for example? :roll:
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

I guess a metal bridge is stronger than a wooden one in IL2 ? For instance, I always respected this rule :wink:
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

So I will also do , even if it means a whole lot more work :roll: .
But once it´s finalized we all have one more detailed SEOW-Map.

Thx again, need to go to bed now. Cya all with my next questions :D .
Greetings,
Fisch
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Fisch,

SEOW currently does not treat wooden and steel bridges differently, but this may change (e.g. steel bridges might be twice as hard to build as wooden ones). Therefore it is always a good idea to capture this information when adding new sector data.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Ok, ok, ok - I surrender unconditionally :D .

Railbridges in Iasi-Sector are all "Metal", I´m just about checking the road bridges. Status: 50% :roll: .
When I´m through with this, I promise to open an icecold beer as my personal reward 8) .

Cheers,
Fisch
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

One time, many years ago, I forgot a road wooden bridge in place of a metal one, 4Shades came in France, he tied me to a tree and whipped me :oops:
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

:shock: :shock: :shock:
Hard - but only fair :D .
I´ll do my best to avoid getting whipped :D
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

All bridges captured. Now I know the colour of every little rivet in these bridges :D .
Beer open, thanks for Your help :wink: .

Cheers,
Fisch
Fisch

Post by Fisch »

Iasi-Map is now running, completely new captured data were sent to DB and everything works fine :D :D .
Several testing missions showed, that all airfields work, all roads and intersections are passable (in all directions), rails work - everything seems perfect. Didn´t expect that 8) .

Thanks to my mate "Maddien", who is the "sql-and DB-part" of the whole project, while I can only do Excel a little bit :oops: .

Is anyone interested in getting the data? Work is done, everything seems ready, just tell.

Greets,
Fisch
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Fisch,

Please dump the DB into an SQL file and zip it, give me a link to download. I will incorporate it into the next release. :D

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer