Installation problem ?

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

slipper

Post by slipper »

Goanna,

Thanks a lot mate i think i'm nearly there.

i copied your data into my MP-Connection.php file and it took me to the campaign mission planner window, i then selected Ardennes which was highlighted ( i earlier initialized a campaign in SEDCS).

Now i need to supply a commander name and password, i can not seem to find what the defaults are, could you point me in the right direction?

If this works i will be one very happy man, this has taken me about 2 weeks on and off to sort, and your help and shades help has been tremendous , thanks again

p.s

Thanks shades for the reply, yes i have initialized a campaign, i will try to move my database when i get it running and understand it all a bit better.

thanks both

regards

slipper
Goanna

Post by Goanna »

Good to see Slipper, for the default user names/passwords open your database in access and look in the PilotData table.

Cheers

Goanna
slipper

Post by slipper »

Goanna, thanks again

Checked PilotData table in SEDB32.mdb defaults were berlin for axis and london for allies, commander names were both blank. Left it at that, tried to login got a message "invalid credentials". any idea?

P.s i am using firefox so i also get this message when selecting anything

WARNING: You are using an unsupported browser, here is the browser "userAgent" string: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.7) Gecko/2009021910 Firefox/3.0.7. The Scorched Earth Mission Planner was developed expressly for MS Internet Explorer v6 - proceed at your own risk!

does not seem to cause a problem, does it matter?

thanks again

I promise if it works this time i will not hassle you again

regards

slipper :D
slipper

Post by slipper »

Goanna, shades

edit to the above i think i have it

Eureka!

Thanks for your help, i'm going to have a mess about with it for a while. I,ll report back and let you know how i am doing.

Thanks again

many,many thanks

slipper

:D :D
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi slipper,

The MP is written using some IE DHTML extensions, so if you want to use it properly (many features won't work with the default Firefox render engine) you have the following choices:

1. Use IE.
2. Use Firefox with the IETab add-on enabled.

I do all my MP development now using option 2. IETab is a good add-on, and it allows you to switch render engines inside Firefox with a single mouse-click, or to set up different engines for different web sites. Highly recommended.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Oh, and by the way, slipper, could you please add a post here letting us know how you overcame your last hurdle with getting the MP to connect to your database? Just in case someone else comes along with a similar problem?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

slipper

Post by slipper »

Shades,

I had installed the IE Add in for firefox, i forgot to add my SEOW address in the sites filter, thanks again.

As regards getting it all working, the main part was the link to my data base.

Goanna posted a MP-Connection.php file earlier in that the following path name was

$DefaultDBCon = array("access","C:\\SEDB32.mdb");

in my original it was

$DefaultDBCon = array("access","C:\SEDB32.mdb");

that was the only difference i could see.

Also for some reason the default password did not work on the commander screen, so i replaced the database with a fresh copy and reinitialized a campaign.

Now thanks to you and goanna it seems to be working ok (although i have not had much time to play about with it)

one small thing, if i go here

http://127.0.0.1/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default.php

i go straight to the mission planner and everything works ok.

if i then go to here, or go here from the mission planner screen

http://127.0.0.1/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/MP-Admin.php

which is my database connections set up screen. This screen works ok. but if i log in, it then takes me to this address

http://127.0.0.1/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/MP-Ad ... -Admin.php

where for some reason the address is repeated twice( i do not know how this happened).

this screen then does not work, how do i sort this out ( where do i change the address)

thanks for all your help shades

regards

slipper
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

have you tried substituting "127.0.0.1" with "localhost"?
22GCT_Gross
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Hello all,

when I enter all the details necessary for into the admin.php page and save, I get the following error from the default.php

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 26

Notice: Trying to get property of non-object in /var/www/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 27

Fatal error: Call to a member function Close() on a non-object in /var/www/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/default-iron.php on line 34
P.S.:
How can I change the admin password for the admin.php?
I don´t want anybody to check my MySQL DB details

Thanks for your help,
Emil
JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Not sure on your first question Emil but here is the answer to your other question.

Go to your MP-Configuration file in your root folder where you installed MP4. Should be something like mine.
public_html/seow/MP4/Scripts/MP-Configuration.php
On line 9 you will see this:

$AdminPass = "putyourpasswordhere"; //Password for MP-Admin.php : modify password for your liking

Make sure and save once you have changed your new password.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Emil,

I'm away from home right at the moment so I cannot investigate your error message, but perhaps I can ask you to make sure that you have created and populated your databases, and have set up your login accounts etc.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

JG6_Express and 4Shades, you are stars!

The DB was empty so that caused the problem and the PW is changed too.

:D
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

How can I edit the campaign commanders PW and the admin PW in the campaign Headquarters and War Rooms sections?

Is that only possible when that campaign was initialized?
JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Hi Emil,
Try this.

1. Login to your MP.
2. Select the name of the campaign you are running and click on it.
3. This will bring you to the Headquarters and War Rooms. Enter your main login name and password here.
4. This will bring you to the Sector-Mission HQ. Look over on the top left and select Manage {whateveryourcampaignnameis} Campaign.
5. Now you will see your Campaign page. At the top, Click on Commanders. Another screen will appear. I think this is where you can set whatever login name or password you want for THAT campaign.

Hope this helps.

~S~

[/url]
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil »

Hm, I got there but I cant change my Admin password, ther eis no button to press and hitting enter doesn´t help either.

I guess a campaign mut be initialized.