MP4/Scripts/default.php apperars blank

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

CN_Vertex

MP4/Scripts/default.php apperars blank

Post by CN_Vertex »

Hi all, first of all thanks for the effort on new SEOW release :wink:

I have a little problem, after configuring DB connection on MP-Connection.php, http://cazadoresnocturnos.com/seow/MP4/ ... efault.php appears blank, the same connection data in DCS works fine (and also in the older SEOW release)

What i'm missing?

If you need more data I can PM someone, thanks!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Vertex,

You haven't given us much information to go on! :)

In any bug report we need to know the version numbers of the DCS, SEDB and MP and the operating system(s) used. We also need to know if you are new to running SEOW, or whether you have set it up successfully before.

Finally, for me to dig further I would need the MP administrator password so I can look at your DB connections - PM the password to me. DB connection details (for MySQL databases would be good too).

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

CN_Vertex

Post by CN_Vertex »

Hi Shades, this is not mi first tiem running SEOW, I've been managing previus version of SEOW without problems at the same server, those are the versions:

SEDCS: 3.1.2
SEDB: 31
MP: 4.360

Mysql: 5.0.27
PHP: 4.4.7

I'm sending u a PM with connection data

Thx!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Vertex,

I have sent you a PM back. First, if you are running the MP on the same machine as MySQL server, use "localhost" as the DB host address in the MP-Admin screen.

Second, you must set permissions=666 for MP4/Scripts/MP-Connection.php.

That should get you further along the way.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

CN_Vertex

Post by CN_Vertex »

Localhost hostname at connection array changed, and also permissions.... Blank page again :roll:

You have a PM :wink:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Vertex,

You had Ostfriesland pointing to a MSAccess database, which isn't suitable for a Linux host. I just changed Ostfriesland to point at the default MySQL DB and it works now.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

CN_Vertex

Post by CN_Vertex »

Wow shades!

Thank you very much :wink:
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: You had Ostfriesland pointing to a MSAccess database, which isn't suitable for a Linux host. I just changed Ostfriesland to point at the default MySQL DB and it works now.
This is a small glitch in MP4-v4.360b . The Script MP-Connection.php contains as default the following line:
$SectorDBCon["Ostfriesland"] = array("access","C:\\Inetpub\\ScorchedEarth\\Data\\SEDB31.mdb");

Greetings

Chamel
Irpus

Post by Irpus »

I have had the same problem on a Windows XP Pro system, using Access.
Now I have switched to MySQL, but the result is the same, even setting the connection string for Ostfreisland to default.
I have created 2 DB using eache for a different scenario (Ardennes 1940 and Tunis). While the DCS works with no problem and lets me initialize the campaign, the MP page wont load.
As I already explained in a previous post, alla permissions for guest internet user are set etc. The only error I get is when I execute the DB restore using the sql file I downloaded from the seow site.
It seems not able to fill all the tables because MySQL Administrator reports the inability to execute several INSERT (e.g. into Highways table) or MySQL server loses connection (when I use command line) before terminating.
I use all the latest SEOW files and I have also checked MySQL version and ODBC drivers (3.51)
I hope someone could give me some hints to proceed.
Thank You.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Irpus,

First, to use the full Reference SEDB31, you need to scale your MySQL server for heavy duty action. It is far easier to download and use the SPLIT databases available from the SEOW downloads page. These are much smaller and quicker to load. Just choose any split sector database (e.g. Ardennes) and point ALL MP sectors at it, for a start.

The issue with your web server is quite different. If you are sure that PHP is working perfectly on your web server, then I would start to suspect your internet security settings, or the writability of your MP/Scripts folder.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Irpus

Post by Irpus »

Hi 4Shades, I really appreciate your efforts to help me! :)
Now a couple of questions.
I have used the split version fon one of my BD and the full for the other.
Should I insert the same data of my Ardennes (fer example) inside all other connection section, even if I don't use them? I explain it more clearly : in Administration php script I should fill all rows with the same data as for the Ardennes sector (localhost, hostname, password and DBname) even if the other ones are unused?
What should I do to set my server up for heavy duty? You mean I should set my machine as a "only MySQL" machine (dedicated server) for full memory usage? Now it is set as web server application (sorry if I'm not completely clear).
I maybe will try to reinstall the MP and its scripts to make sure I reset the permissions, because my PHP should work correctly according to the phpinfo test. Also I'm able to run the Admin page correctly, so the problem should not be the web server or php.
Thanks again for your patience!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

For simplicity I suggest setting up your "Default" connection to point to your split Ardennes DB. Then set ALL sectors to use the Default connection.

Once things are working, you can add different split databases for different sectors, as you see fit.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Irpus

Post by Irpus »

Hi 4Shades,
I did as you said and set my default connection to piont to the split Ardennes DB, but nothing happened.
My doubt now is : am I setting the right connection string? That is : I use my root MySQL Server account name and password as login name and password in the Connection Administration page (instead of the default "setest" and "vanilla"), because I did not create other MySQL accounts. Is that wrong?
And about my internet security options : is there a place to read a recommended setting? (I did not change anything with my IE browser).
Thank You.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Irpus,
I use my root MySQL Server account name and password as login name and password in the Connection Administration page (instead of the default "setest" and "vanilla"), because I did not create other MySQL accounts. Is that wrong?
Yes, that is 100% wrong. The MySQL login accounts are completely separate to the MP commander logins. You MUST create your own MySQL logins with appropriate permissions for each of your databases. It is the MySQL login details that you MUST use to point your MP at your databases.

The best way to test your MySQL connection details is to try to connect to your databases with the DCS. If you are running MySQL+MP+DCS on the same machine, then whatever connection settings you use successfully with the DCS should also work with the MP.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

rnzoli

Post by rnzoli »

I know this a very old thread, but I just ran into this problem recently.

From SEDCS, the mySQL access worked, PHP also worked (e.g., connection administration page), but I could not get started with MP for the same reason as in this thread - totally blank start page! No error mesage anywhere.

It turned out that PHP5 does not have mySQL inside (easy to overlook if you are inexperienced), it has to be selected as an extension option during installation, moreover it has to be also activated in php.ini as well, with the following lines:

extension_dir ="C:\Program Files\PHP\ext"
extension=php_mysql.dll

Then suddently it all came alive :)

Windows Vista
Apache/2.2.11 (Win32)
PHP/5.2.9
Fully automatic, dedicated COOP server controller.