Stats Issue v1.93

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

eaf92_brigstock

Stats Issue v1.93

Post by eaf92_brigstock »

I've just updated to the latest releases and am having a mare with the new stats pages. Getting the below error when trying to view the stats.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_string() in /home/ccrvgoid/public_html/MP4/Statistics/stats_functions.php on line 267
It looks like my pages aren't liking the language packs.
The newer release works well on my home windows based test server, but ain't having it on my webhosts Linux build. I was thinking maybe something case sensitive was upsetting the show
Any ideas.
Brigstock
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

PHP5 is the answer! The language packs use the simple_xml library which is only supported on PHP5. Most ISPs offer both PHP4 and PHP5 to customers, often selectable through CPanel.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

eaf92_brigstock

I thought I was already on PHP5, I'll check that out, thanks for the info.
Brigstock
eaf92_brigstock

Fixed,
Cheers shades :D
Brigstock
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I'm getting the same error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: simplexml_load_string() in /home/airgroup/public_html/SEOW/MP4/Statistics/stats_functions.php on line 279

I've confirmed with our Squaddy hosting SEOW that our current version is PHP version 5.2.5.

Is there anything else I might be missing? If I load ver 1.83 I can get a partial stats load but it also errors out.

PS...4Shades, I really do I apologize to burden you with so many question/problems.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

Check out whether simplexml extension is loaded in your PHP version. I have PHP v5.2.5 on my home PC and it shows:

SimpleXML
Simplexml support enabled
Revision $Revision: 1.151.2.22.2.35 $
Schema support enabled

The best way to check your PHP settings is to create a file called "info.php" in your web folder with contents:

Code: Select all

<?php
phpinfo();
?>
and load that page in your browser.

Since Statistics v1.83, language packs have been installed that require simplexml to be loaded.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thank you 4Shades. Interesting! He says v 5.2.5 is loaded but the results of what you had me do shows PHP Version 4.4.8.

I wasn't sure if there is anything that could pose a threat if I linked it so I sent the link by PM.