Strange "A" character back again

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

DD_Friar

Strange "A" character back again

Post by DD_Friar »

Hello,
My original installation was B16enk's "boxed" version. I have now replaced the database and associated files with the latest versions.
My problem is that the letter "A" with the accent has come back again on the Mission Planner front screen. It was in the original version but was cured by commenting out the line that refered to the default iso characer set.
This edit is stil in the httpd.conf (?) file but the A's have come back.

I have sent the file to Bbloke for comparison and he informs me that it is the same as his but he does not have the problem.

Where else should I look please.

Cheers
DD_Friar
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Yes, this is wierd, but I have seen this before. I can't remember how I fixed it, but it may have something to do with some kind of character mapping associated with the default-SKIN.php files. One simple thing to try would be to open your skin default file in Notepad and simply save it again. You might even be able to see the strange characters in that file - they can be removed.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

DD_Friar

Post by DD_Friar »

Well, as strange as it may seem, I went through and opened any of the "default" .php files i could find and saved them again. When i opened the mission planner again, the character had gone.
:?
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

ghost in the machine

:lol: