DSC: modUtilities.strMakeProperName: invalid

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

docattak

DSC: modUtilities.strMakeProperName: invalid

Post by docattak »

Hi

When initialising either of the 2 Ardennes or the Kuban campaigns after loading the map sql I get this error message in a box, many times.

modUtilities.strMakeProperName: invalid request to set proper name for aircraft.

I am using files from
http://seow.sourceforge.net/

Any suggestions?
I have now tried many from that source - all give me the same problem. My own mission files initialise fine.!!!

Cheers

docattak
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

You should give us more informations.
Which is the enviroment you got the error?
22GCT_Gross
docattak

Post by docattak »

Hi Gross
All run on my pc
EasyPHP server
Latest downloads from SEOW (only got them yesterday)
Relevant .sql query file run to load tables into MySQL database SEDB31d.
This connects to SEDCs3.1.
First .mis and .properties put into NET/COOP/SE area in IL2 4.08 (no mods).
Runs in FMB
Initialisation fails for all files except ones I produce myself.
PHP is 5.2.8
MySQL is 5.1.30

Hope this helps.

Cheers

docattak
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi docattak,

I have looked at your problem report. I am not sure, but I think I have an explanation for this. Please tell me if I am wrong. Here goes:

At seow.sourceforge.net, where there are lots of SEOW downloads, you are confronted with several different kinds of things. In the chequerboard layout in the body of the page, you have a bunch of campaign templates contributed by various people. Down the left column, there are links to other resources, including campaign sets. I suspect that you have downloaded a campaign set and tried to use one of the missions contained therein as a template. This view is strengthened because you say "2 Ardennes or the Kuban campaigns". There are no Kuban templates for download, but there is one Kuban campaign set.

Templates
A template is the resurce that you use to initialize a campaign. It is a FMB file with units entered in a particular manner, especially aircraft.

Campaign Sets
A campaign set is a list of coop missions generated during the running of an actual SEOW campaign, contributed for others to enjoy as standard coops at a later date without having to be part of the initial campaign. The missions inside such campaign sets do not conform to SEOW template format (unless there happens to be the corresponding template file inside the campaign set archive).

So, I recommend you download a template file, e.g. Tunis Beginner, from the chequerboard and try that. Ignore the campaign sets if you are trying to initialize a campaign for yourself.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

docattak

Post by docattak »

What a pillock! Many thanks 4S. I will put my head down the toilet lol.

Cheers

docattak
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

:D

Welcome to the Holy Order of Devoted Pillocks! I've been a member for years.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer