Korosten' Campaign: Alert! Hostilities Commence!

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Korosten' Campaign: Alert! Hostilities Commence!

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:47 pm

Thanks to all the commanders we now have all units in place on the map with recon initialized and weather conditions set - trains are in supply points for commanders to commission. We are ready to commence the campaign!

I will release the Korosten Mod files today. Note that according to Warg's recommendation I have replaced the PzIVF2 with a modded PzIVJ to behave much like a PzIVH.

Initial German Capital: 37801 + 2100 = 39901
Initial Soviet Capital: 39117 + 3760 = 42877
(these are not meant to be compared with each other, just used in victory conditions)

Playability Settings
We have never run a campaign of this kind and scope before, so we are experimenting. I have chosen airframe limits of 6 per side per mission, and ground limits (including trains) of 100 movements in total per mission for the Soviets and 60 movements in total per mission for the Germans.

Hosting Arrangements
I am proposing that we run one mission per week on Sundays (either Australian morning or Australian evening, we can be flexible). Please use the forums here to signal your preference/intent to be part of the mission each week so we can coordinate hosting times. The first mission will be run on Sunday 28 April.

I am also proposing that we run each mission for 30 minutes only, after which all "In Progress" orders will be scrubbed and planning can restart for the next mission. This will allow us to have a much more adaptive/reactive ground war than if we push the duration out to an hour. The 30-min rule may mean we run for two campaign days rather than the intended one day.

So, commanders, planning is open for Korosten now! You have your orders!!!!
Last edited by IV/JG7_4Shades on Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:23 am

And another note, let's try to keep tanks and transports out of forests. Infantry should be able to transit forests though.

Forests are the LIGHT GREEN blobs on the ABEF map, for instance.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:29 pm

Rgr that.

Are we at Austalian morning or evening with the mission time?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:05 pm

At this stage I am preferring Sunday evening Australian time, but if others post with objections I am perfectly happy to go Sunday morning.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”