New Guinea "Green Desert 42" Template

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

AH_Moggy

New Guinea "Green Desert 42" Template

Post by AH_Moggy »

Well, we at AH got the "Stalingrad" campaign up and running, with the MP functioning correctly & being able to generate missions via the "build next" function.

After our excitement subsided, we next tried the "Green Desert 42" template. Using identical paths & settings (at least AFAIK), on initializing the campaign, we got an "unable to connect to the remote server" error message. This did not occur with the "Stalingrad" campaign.

Also, and this may be related to the above, but when I try to access the SE Mission HQ for the "Green Desert" campaign, an Internet Explorer script error message appears, indicating that a script on this page is causing IE to run slowly, and am unable to load the Mission HQ page.

I'm wondering whether there are any issues with this template that may have caused this. Sorry if I haven't provided sufficient detail; I am very new at this.
Kapt

Post by Kapt »

The size of the map you have to extend the timeout for IE to avoid this.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/181050

Also it is a huge map and will take a long time.

Plus doing a "Remove in Progress" before starting can help.
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Re: New Guinea "Green Desert 42" Template

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

AH_Moggy wrote:Also, and this may be related to the above, but when I try to access the SE Mission HQ for the "Green Desert" campaign, an Internet Explorer script error message appears, indicating that a script on this page is causing IE to run slowly, and am unable to load the Mission HQ page.
This message is not really a problem but occurs on complex maps/with lots of ground movements.
Have a look at the followiong thread: http://raf74.net/seow/viewtopic.php?t=151

Greetings

Chamel
Goanna

Re: New Guinea "Green Desert 42" Template

Post by Goanna »

AH_Moggy wrote:After our excitement subsided, we next tried the "Green Desert 42" template. Using identical paths & settings (at least AFAIK), on initializing the campaign, we got an "unable to connect to the remote server" error message. This did not occur with the "Stalingrad" campaign.
Hi Moggy,
When you say you tried the Green Desert template with the same settings etc, did you flush the database first - SE can only handle one template per database, so if you are going to test a few templates you will need to flush the database before initialising the next template. Alternatively you can use the Map_Lite.sql files (new guinea_lite.sql etc) to create multiple databases.

You would then have to go into you MP-Admin page and configure the connections.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Goanna