Submarine Supply

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

RTA_Oscarbob

Submarine Supply

Post by RTA_Oscarbob »

My question is : how can I supply a submarine ?
He's in the middle of the sea, without carburant :?
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Send a supply ship (carrying supply as freight) out to him. If the supply ship is within 10 km, it will refuel him. :)
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

RTA_Oscarbob

Post by RTA_Oscarbob »

I dont understand why some of my Submarine have a huge endurance, and some have a very little one.
Maybe it was because some were supposed to be immerged while making the template ? But in coop, they are all to surface... Can I interfere on this ?

Tow others questions :

-Is it the same way to refuel tanks ? I just have to drop them fuel with a C47/Ju52 within 10km ?

-Will my tanks refuel automatically just by staying on an ennemy conquered airfield (with fuel reserves of course) ?

Thank you.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Oscarbob,

Submarines are a little complicated to use in SEOW. Submerged, they have very short ranges and low speeds. On the surface they have very long ranges and higher speeds. By default in SEOW, submarines move on the surface and are submerged when stationary. If they suffer a breakdown, they appear inactive on the surface for a mission. The range and speed of a submarine is determined by how they appear in the template (submerged or not).

If you don't like the default behaviours, you can make all subs permanently submerged by changing the relevant Mobile, Stationary and Inactive forms in Object_Specifications table.

On resupplying units: please have a look through the SEOWiki documentation at

http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title ... y_Tracking

and

http://seowwiki.swil.fr/index.php?title ... our_forces

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

RTA_Oscarbob

Post by RTA_Oscarbob »

Thank you !
Sorry to have not take the time to search in the wiki :oops:
RTA_Oscarbob

Post by RTA_Oscarbob »

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote:Send a supply ship (carrying supply as freight) out to him. If the supply ship is within 10 km, it will refuel him. :)
How can I put supply in a supply ship ?

I didn't find in the wiki.

I try to put supply in the ship when he's very near to a field or in a harbour, but it doesn't work :?:
RTA_Oscarbob

Post by RTA_Oscarbob »

Heeeeeelp :oops: :oops:
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Sorry Oscarbob, lost track of this thread for a moment. Try getting the tanker close to a fuel dump or a resupply point.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer