Need Help interpreting Problem

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

VT-51_Thud

Need Help interpreting Problem

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I keep getting the below notice whenver I try to change sectors on the New Guinea Map. Does anyone know what the problem might be?

Commander Administrator, please wait. We are gathering the latest intelligence from Allied HQ ...
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

That is normally only shown temporarily when a new district view loads. If it stays there a long time, then the MP has encountered an error in parsing the campaign data in the database.

One thing to check is the mission objectives text, if any. Anyway, since you have PM'ed me we will work it out now.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thanks. It was built by someone esle and sent to me. I've check everything can can think (not that I know much anways :? ).
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Thud gave me permissions to look at his DB and MP, and I noticed that there were several personalized "admin" logins. When using these, the MP district/sector pages would not load, but the normal "admin" login worked fine. This is probably a bug internal to the MP that does not correctly recognize such accounts.

Workaround: do not use personalized admin logins!

Thanks for the bug report Thud!

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

In fact, I worked out the problem. The personalized Admin logins were set up incorrectly. I suspect they were done by manually editing the PilotData table, rather than using the "commanders" tool in the MP.

Basically, the logins had invalid Nationality fields. The allowed values for the Nationality field are "Russia", "Germany" or "Admin". Nothing else is allowed. Note that, here, "Russia" is interpreted by the MP to mean "Allied" and "Germany" is interpreted to mean "Axis". If you use the commanders tool (under Manage Campaign) then all this formatting is done for you.

So your campaign load was fine, but the commander account management was in error.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

Thank you Sir :D

Yes, you are correct. I loaded the access in the DB because at the time I wasn't even getting that far in the DB. I figured it was something that I did but I would have never guessed that. Thank you very much for your assistance.
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

:( :(

I removed the User-ids I created but now only the Admin can switch to the different Districts. All others come up with this:

Commander Allied Headquarters, please wait. We are gathering the latest intelligence from Allied HQ ...
Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/airgroup/public_html/SEOW/MP4/Scripts/MP-SQL.php on line 1135
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Thud,

You are using MP v4.520 which has a bug in the Factory production mode code. I changed your Production Mode from "Unrestricted" to "Only Historically Available" and it seems to work fine now.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer