Mediterraneo

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

Ala13_Nachote

Post by Ala13_Nachote »

Thanks cmirko.
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

Patch D for History SFX mod_pack is out :)

enjoy :)

Installation Instructions - Download

Step 1.) Download the Mod Patch D Installation Package.

There is just one file to download :

Mod_PATCH_D.EXE 198 Mb.

There is, at present, just one way to download this package :

http://files.filefront.com/Mod+PATCH+DE ... einfo.html

The hash sums for the file are ;

MD5 - 1c5046df0bc7651be9b8940cb0b4f333
CRC32 - 8bac3c45

Note : If you have problems with the install, start a new thread in this forum for the problem. This post is locked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Step 2) The Installation.

Once you have download all the files, execute the Mod_PATCH_D.EXE file by either double clicking on it, or right click and “open” it.

Just follow the instructions on screen, it’s very simple.

This version of the installer will read the registry entry for the folder you installed Patch B and C into and will install it into the same directory.

The only screen you should be very careful of is when it detects (it reads the registry entry for the PE-2 update) and displays where your Modded IL-2 installation is. Make certain this is correct, this is where the Mod will be installed. Otherwise it will create the folder it has displayed and install the files there, and the Mod will not work.

You do NOT need to run JSMGE to install the Patch. It will over write files in your IL-2 directory and will work the next time you run the Modded IL-2 version.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PATCH D READ ME:-

History SFX Patch D.

---------------------------------------------

Maps:-

Malta map Frame issue partially corrected. (6S.Maraz)

The Slot (FA_Cheech & team pacific) small update.

Philippines 2.0 (delvpier). Updated, Includes roads , more towns & airfields and a new large scale map graphic, re-textures by the French LAL squad with textures from Thailand map.

Central med map (6S.Maraz) -beta-. Extends the Malta map all the way to Tunisia.

Great for 43 plus scenarios, Operation 'Hailstorm' etc etc.

Vp_Default map upgrade updated to 2.3

Sound:-

R1830 (A20) engine given more bass frequency (Ulrich pointed this out).
Flak sounds normalised to prevent artefacts (IAF.101~Hedgehog noticed this)

Aircraft

Spitfire Cockpits retextured (Avala)
A few where included in Patch C but this completes them. I reduced the resolution of some files a little and these are pretty frame friendly. (Vera Lynne is the pinup of course !)

Spit 1 Cockpit added as unique cockpit, Mg fire button and small round gun sight (Avala & Mr Jolly).

P38 Gun sight improved (Poncho)

Hurricane tropical versions (GCT_Veltro )

Seafire 1b added & reworked SeafireII's.
(SEOW version with improved FM's (landing & Merlin 32 engine) (GCT_Veltro)
New default Seafire Skins by Kristorf

Mosquito Cockpits retextured (Fly Zo)
Uses Avala's Gauges.

Improved Mosquito Spinners on all Mosquitoes (Mr Jolly)

B29 Silverplate. (http://allaircraftarcade.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8863)
Included for interest.

DH82A TigerMoth. New AC class, model and Cockpit. (Ranwars - Aircraft) ( New Slot & Cockpit.New Engine FM data. AAA Kumpel).
This should be fun and a useful Liaison/recon aircraft, its well done but turn OFF markings or they become transparent.

U2VS New Cockpit (AAA Kumpel)
A really nice finishing touch for this little aircraft.

Improved FM's for RWD8, U2VS & TigerMoth (Chap & AAA Kumpel)

Corrected loading error with I16 & I153, well spotted rnZ !!!

He-111 retextured. (der Blaue max)

Bf110G4:- aiming reticule for the upward firing cannon. (Maggot)
Given its proper date & designation (Ulrich)

Bf109's G4 & G2t,G4t & G6t (tropical) versions. (Ranwars:- Tropical filter) (GCT_Veltro aircraft classes & load outs) (Hunn-in-the-Sun G4 modifications) (Chap, all holes solved integration)

Ju88A4 Torpedo variant.
( 6S.Maraz - reworked meshes and main 3D stuff:- _1SMV_Gitano - new slot, FM, cockpits :-
char_aznable - hier.him editing, new default skin )
Carries upto 2 torpedoes that can be launched individually or in a salvo (together, use for ai). Has a fixed forward firing 151/20 also.

Fw190 A3 Updated. (AAA version. by; Waggle, Hunin, Flushy, MrJolly, Zorin, Howlin )
improved 3d model, specific cockpit, updated FM & Load outs.
***Important message for all focke wulf jockeys:
This 190 only works with automatic pitch. So do not use the manual pitch. Do not go over 2.7oo r/pm. You will kill the engine very quickly !!!!***

Mitsubishi A6M5a Cockpit retextured (Der Wurstenfuchs)

---beta---
Me210's Low speed characteristics updated (you have to take off & land faster 215kph + )

Me410's FM updated, Low speed characteristics updated, weight corrected (was 1000 kilo's too light !) performance characteristics altered 'roughly' inline with Ulrich's research.
In my limited tests, a Mosquito VI can just outturn a 410, although the 410 is faster and more powerful (a later plane.) With more 'rough edges' to its flight performance than its adversary.

Both models need refining and there are some corrections to look into with gauges (please pm me Ulrich)

----Alpha----
Ki46 made flyable (Lt Wolf and Peacelovin Hippy)
However I hated the P38 cockpit that had been used so I have substituted a more suitable Japanese one. The gauges are only for a single engined plane however. This is probably fine most of the time but be aware of it.
Updated Player flyable FM.
Included for you to test as a WIP. (just use as an ai if you have problems...and pm us)
(In future intend to:- Fix wing clipping if possible, fine-tune FM , Add Yoke.)

--------------------------------------
Correct nationality pilots & crew skins added to many aircraft as defaults. Unfortunately this does not extend to parachutists or bailing animation.

Innovation:-

Infantry (FC, Java, 3d Infantry model) and Chap (ini's and il2/SEOW integration) with skins by LAL_Rhone.

New Infantry types that move and fire.
These are not perfect but are optimised to work with the SEOW system.

Moving infantry for all nations are available under the new Infantry option in FMB in 1,2,3 & 4's.
(in seow you can set unit numbers to much higher and SEOW will break this up into divisibles for representation, watch the server load however, I found that a SEOW unit size of 12 looked great but reduced the server to its knees Sad )

These will move and fire. At close range <100m's they will also use explosive weapons (representing bazooka's, Panzershrecks, Grenades and Satchel Charges.) so they do have some capability against Tanks and other hard armoured vehicles.

Panzer grenadiers are an 'Elite' type and should perform a little better on average. US infantry have slightly more explosive power than average, Japanese lack explosives. Other types perform similarly except for appearance.

Stationary infantry are available separately under 'Artillery'.
(this category of infantry only fire small arms and unfortunately, when hit, can explode or burn with a smoke pyre like all other stationary artillery types in game...) (included as vital for SEOW but for mission builders, you may find it preferable not to use the artillery version).

In SEOW infantry must be moving to launch their assaults using explosives.

-------------------------------------

New Trucks and Civilian vehicles (LAL_Rhone textures) (Chap java and ini file integration). Available as moving vehicles and also as stationary.

FireEngine, FireTender. NAAFI wagon, RAF and new US Bus. Civilian Trucks and Cars. Fiat Truck (dessert camo)

3 new Italian Columns added (truck column, HQ and Supply), Japanese truck Co. & engineers, Proper German Motorcycle recon Column(ColumnK, 4XBMW bikes with sidecars). (Chap).
---------------------------------------

New Coastal Defence Artillery added (Chap) on a suggestion by Brandle.

CoastBunker_PTO and ETO. Extremely tough coastal emplacements with 8" naval guns.
CoastBunker_ETO2 Heavy Coast bunker with 15" Naval Gun.

These use existing bunker models (although the PTO bunker does have a large gun added).

These CoastBunkers are REALLY tough..(and the Russian R1 & R2 bunkers have been made much more resistant to air attack.)

Be careful how you use these, they have the capability to sink warships and will require a naval taskforce or precision heavy ordinance to reliably knock them out. DO not use them in place of normal bunkers and if used for SEOW, perhaps make them so heavy as to be immobile because they would be a problem out of an anti ship context.
102nd-HR-cmirko

edit: changed patch E to patch F (wrong alphabet numbering in my mind :))

Hi all - new patch for History SFX is out - please be advised we have new "numbering system" so this patch is equal as "patch F" or 3.1

full install from this link is v3.0
http://102nd.in.rs/distribution/viewtop ... f=62&t=606

Code: Select all

patch 3.1 readme

Step 1.) Download the Mod Patch 3.1 Installation Package.

Patch 3_1.EXE 543 Mb.

This Patch has been released Thurs. Feb. 26, 2009. :

File download available here - http://files.filefront.com/13368128

The hash sums, used to check for a corrupted download, for this file are ;

MD5 - 9a209e6bf393984ce026d34adba8ae82
CRC32 - b699bf3a

Once you have downloaded the file, execute the Patch 3_1.EXE file by either double clicking on it, or right click and “open” it.

This version of the installer will read the registry entry for the folder you installed Previous versions of the HSFX Mod, and will install it into the same directory unless the user selects another Folder.

The only screen you should be very careful of is when it detects (it reads the registry entry for the PE-2 update) and displays where your Modded IL-2 installation is. Make certain this is correct, this is where the Mod will be installed. Otherwise it will create the folder it has displayed and install the files there, and the Mod will not work.

You do NOT need to run JSMGE to install the Patch. It will over write files in your IL-2 directory and will work the next time you run the Modded IL-2 version.

This version of the installer will record in the registry that you have installed Patch F or Full version 3.0. It will be recording all subsequent versions installed so that if one is missed, an error message will be displayed advising the user that a previous version, that's required, has not yet been installed.

Patch 3.1 Release notes ;

This patch is fairly varied.

I have included some extra content that I would not have been that concerned about to make sure that you should be able to play with anyone or on a server that has the AAA UI 1.1 although they will not necessarily be able to play with you if you use some of the unique content that we have in here if you host anything.

The differant versions and Checkruntime =2.
HSFX won't pass this for an AAA UI install, and AAA UI won't pass for a server with HSFX but the way that they are going I think its extremely unlikely that the majority will ever adopt a standard or that many servers in their constant competition for numbers will decide to limit themselves in such a way. You should have everything required to join pretty well anything.

-------------------------------------------

4.09bm Switcher added to allow switching between 4.08m 4.09m & History SFX:-

i)Open JGSME,
UNAPPLY 'IL2 History Mod' (move from Right to Left.)
ii)Now APPLY 4.09m (move from Left to Right.)

You can apply /unapply il2 History Mod now over the top (underneath 4.09m in window on Right side, but you must be careful not to do it the other way around (eg applying 4.09m whilst il2 History Mod is already active.)

--------------------------------------------

Sound improvements & Fixes:-

Tiger_33 has allowed me to use many of his truly excellent sound samples & environmental pre-sets. Also a greater variety of samples for things like engine damage, engine start-ups, stress and explosive damage.

I have worked through the pre-set systems and continued optimisation. There is far greater range across engine revs in some cases now rather than overwhelming noise, Gun sounds re-mixed in places also.

AI Mod 1.17 (Certificate) :-

This is possibly one of the most important developments, if not the most important in terms of game play. It is a complex area and this will be a continual WIP for some time (I hope if certificate is not too put put by the people that post...). The AI will surprise you, its very different to what we have become used to.

History FSX special AI addition:-

The 110G4 as an AI aircraft will attack bombers from beneath with its upward firing guns.

----------------------------------------------

Updated marking and Roundels (Veltro, Chap):-

Default markings and roundels now appear for most Nations.

Added Squadrons for SouthAFrica, Greece, Belgium, Yugoslavia, Croatia, Brazil, China, Israel, Iraq, Syria & Egypt.

***WARNING***
ONLY USE THE NON STOCK IL2 NATIONS & SQUADRONS WITH PLAYERS THAT YOU ARE SURE ALL HAVE THEM.

ALWAYS USE one of the Original COuntries and Default squadrons (no squadron) if on a DF server or you will not appear correctly to those without these nations or squadrons.

NewMat mod (Mcwolf):-
A kind of matt manager 'light' that really improves the look of markings and numbers for those that don't use Matt manager

------------------------------------------------

Maps:-

France SE 1940 (Ashhouse)

The SE part of this huge map is detailed, other parts not to reduce load (its a beta but included to retain AAA UI compatability).

Alpen East, West and complete (Zip)

Fabulous map of Central Europe around the Alps. The complete map is so large that it can cause problems with lesser PC's so is probably not an online map. ***warning exit FMB after loading an Alpen map in FMB, or your PC may run out of RAM and hang*** (included to retain AAA UI compatability)

vol_ItalyAfricaGreece (Redfox59) Slovenia (Zuti) & Channel (Cannon):-
Incremental updates.

Many beautiful New Winter Textures and reworked maps (GilB57).
Added as additional, perfect only.

I have adopted a slightly different nomenclature:-

VP's perfect re-textures are for the standard maps and can be disabled by putting an - in front of your Perfect textures folder within your Mods folder.

Some of the New maps and also other texture versions of existing maps also require perfect texturing to appear correctly. however if I only included them in the Perfect textures folder, you would not be able to join a player/server using one of these maps at all if you disabled their perfect textures folder. So they are permanently included but denoted now in the FMB with *pf* after their names.

If you don't play in perfect mode and find yourself on one of these maps, some of the textures may cause slight artifacting, this is better than getting a load error or being kicked.

------------------------------------------------

Aircraft:-

Blenheim MKIF (Char Aznable) + Cockpit reworked (chap).

Bf109 F Tropical FB's added. (Gitano)

Bf104 F4 R1 Kanonboot.(Gitano)

Ar-234B-2NJ Arado Nacht Jaeger. (slow)

Final Ju88A4/Torpedo with Revi gunsight, cockpit detailing and new torpedo types. _1SMV_Gitano - 6S.Maraz - char_aznable - Vieuxleo – with extra help from Jippo (the original creator of Ju88) Features of new torpedoes:

==========================

These torpedoes have a more realistic model than standard IL-2 torpedoes. Safe drop height is increased to about 160m. Dropping from slightly higher height can fail depending on aircraft speed. Dropping From much higher height will fail. Torpedoes need a course of about 5 seconds to stabilize their course in water. Dropping too close will cause the torpedo to pass under the ship and fail to explode. Torpedoes will have random malfunctions (premature explosion, dud, engine failure). A total of about 13% failures is to be expected on all torpedoes. (The TBM1 also has better modelled and potentially unreliable Mk13Early torpedoes.)

B17F added as flyable.(Mr Jolly)

Given the usual HSFX makeover.

Improved external models of several B17's (Jarink)

Spitfire VCfb & MkVIIIfb variants given sliding cockpits (GCT_Veltro)

New Instrument panel for Cr42 (Avala)

P47 Cockpits V2 (Poncho,Taurus,Flushmeister)

Many improvements, more frame friendly, F1 switches between reflector and iron sights.

MC200 MkVII new Cockpit. (Caspar) Credits: Pippz & Caspar (3D - Textures) --- Maraz & char_aznable conversion and checks. This was made for Oleg and never got included, lovely detail.

------------------------------------

Visuals and effects:-

More realistic Torpedo trails (F4U)

Full 3d Smoke effects (Goblin, but based upon a progression by a lot of people.)

Ground War related:-

Continued work on damage values for Trains and Bridges. (Chap)
A steel bridge span now takes a 500Kilo/1000lb+ bomb to destroy (or cumulative damage from smaller weaponry) Trains are less resistant to gunfire but still a lot tougher than default. (These are probably slightly 'tougher than real' for SEOW to make them difficult targets.)

New ships added:-

Soldati Class DD & Generic Italian Battleship (veltro, Char Aznable, Battleship reskinned by Chap)
HMS Fuji (County Class CA) & Tribal Class DD (Chap)

Infantry fix:-

These should now work online as well as off without causing a timeout error.

Unfortunately to do this there had to be a few concessions, they still do everything that is important, but when destroyed smoke and flash ...so for SEOW but not for movie makers.

-------------------------------------

Numerous little corrections & Bugfix's (mostly Chap):-

- Blenheims speedometer recalibrated(mph).

- Spitfire Vc(2) & (4) windscreen oil texture corrected.

- Tree textures corrected (no more luminous green trees at night.)

- DM for Cant1007 Right engine. Given own 3d plane folder. DB3M restored to default plane model.

- Tiger Moth engine overheat & sound. (but not DM just yet...but its fun to fly)

- Boiling smoke effect corrected.

- View distances for Nav Lights and tracers (increased)

- HS129 given historical contra rotating engines (which makes a lot of difference to stability) and new carburettor to eliminate neg G cut-out (as an AI aircraft this did not mattter) plus BK37mm returned to stock.
Me210 instrumentation updated (Mr Jolly)

- MG151's returned to stock.

- I-16 Cockpits Retextured:- (Bender)
We included new textures for these a while ago but I think you will have to agree with me that these really are the real Mcoy. (from Russia with Love !)

- Fw189 Made flyable (Mr Jolly) and New Cockpit (Ranwars).
I avoided including this aircraft as the cockpit had been wildly inappropriate (much like the Stork)...however Ranwars has managed to pioneer a new technique and without new 3d models has created this. The first truly 'new' cockpit in il2 in my opinion and the start of many great things.

- Improved SBD3 Sights (Poncho)
Iron and telescopic sight aiming point synced. Zoom enabled in Telescopic view.

- Lagg3's lovingly retextured (Mangas)

- P38 gunsight updated (Poncho)

- Added Logging of Destroyed Balloons and Searchlights for the new SEOW release. (request by 4Shades)

- Added EAF_Brigstocks Slovakia Light and GothicLine (with Northern Italian names). The ITAL_SEOW server found that Slovakia was just too heavily poplulated so these version have been lightened a lot for online SEOW play. (included with permission so 4Shades can check the submitted templates and HSFX users that may wish to use this wonderful work also now have the option.)

*** Major Bugfix***

Removed a bullet hit animation that caused major problems during ground attack (especially for those with faster PC's), FR's are similar to stock il2 now on my system.
102nd-HR-cmirko

HSFX v3.2 patch

v3.2 patch is online :)

thanks to all who made contribution, special thanks to our main mod integrators Charlie and Prof

cheers

Step 1.) Download the Mod Patch 3.2 Installation Package.

Patch_3_2.EXE 448 Mb.

This Patch has been released Monday May 11, 2009. :

File download available here - http://files.filefront.com/13738991

MD5 - 07b6cab3bb4f0e1264ff653483ca1c31
CRC32 - ad664bee

Once you have downloaded the file, execute the Patch_3_2.EXE file by either double clicking on it, or right click and “open” it.

This version of the installer will read the registry entry for the folder you installed Previous versions of the HSFX Mod, and will install it into the same directory unless the user selects another Folder.

This version of the installer will record in the registry that you have installed Patch version 3.2. It will be recording all subsequent versions installed so that if one is missed, an error message will be displayed advising the user that a previous version, that's required, has not yet been installed.

Patch 3.2 Release notes ;

Brand New Aircraft types

Hawker SeaFury MkI - Flatiken (3d model, Java) Chap (FM, LOD correction) Napier-Sabre powered version with Arrestor hook.

The evolutionary successor to the successful Hawker Typhoon and Tempest fighters. Powerplant was the Napier Sabre VII, 24-cylinder supercharged liquid-cooled H-type four-stroke aircraft piston engine, which was capable of developing 3,040 hp at full emergency power. As a result it became the fastest piston engined Hawker aircraft, reaching a speed of around 485 mph (780 km/h). Armament was four 20 mm (.79 in) Hispano Mk V. cannon.

Lockheed P2V5 Neptune - Flatiken (3d modeling, classes etc etc) Chap & Prof (bug hunting with Flatiken & for HSFX)

A land-based Maritime patrol and Anti Submarine Warfare aircraft. The first aircraft flew in 1945. Production began in 1946, and the aircraft was accepted into service in 1947. Fought in the Vietnam and Falklands Islands wars. Powerplant was two Wright R-3350-26W Cyclone-18 radial engine, of 3,200 hp each. Loadouts include Bombs, Torpedos, Depth Charges, Rockets, Flares and Markers.

Supermarine Spitfire XIVc and XIVe - FatDuck & DrJones (3d Conversion)Zorin (New 3D & Missions) Hunin (Flight Model) Avala (Cockpit Textures) NightShifter (Skins) MrJolly (New 3D, Class) Lt.Wolf (Flight Model & Additional Class work) Hawk (Research)

The Mk XIV was the most important of the Griffon powered Spitfires, and the only one to see significant wartime service. It used the two-speed two-stage supercharged Griffon 61 or 65, giving 2,050 hp, and five bladed Propeller with and a significantly improved performance at higher altitudes when compared to the earlier Griffon powered Mk XII. The Mk XIV was based on the Mk VIII fuselage, already strengthened to cope with the Merlin 61 engine. Early models used the “c” type universal wing (four 20mm cannon or two 20mm cannon and four .303in machine guns), while later production used the “e” wing (two .50in machine guns instead of the .303s).

Fairey Battle, 1936 - Ranwars(3d Model & Cockpit) Chap (Java classes) This aircraft is still a little rough but it does everything required of it for BOF scenarios.

The Battle was powered by a single Rolls Royce Merlin engine. It could carry four 250lb bombs in its bomb bay, and two more under the wings. The final aircraft carried a crew of three in with the pilot and air gunner/ radio operation in the long “glasshouse” cockpit and the bomb aimer/ observer in a prone position in the bottom of the fuselage. The Battle had very limited defensive armament, carrying one .303in Browning machine gun in the starboard wing, and a rear-firing Vickers “K” gun on a mounting at the back of the cockpit.

Lockheed F80A & C ‘Shooting Stars’ - Flatiken (wings, Loadout & Java) Chap ( wing LOD, Cockpit & reliable engine). Fast reliable Jets with a lot of ordinance, the F80-C has a more powerful engine. (No ejector seat as yet.)

The Shooting Star was a single-engine single-seat turbojet fighter capable of speeds beyond 500 miles per hour. The aircraft was armed with a standard array of 6 x 12.7mm .50 caliber machine guns. Provision for drop bombs and air-to-surface rockets were added to the armament capabilities in the A and C models. The aircraft was of low-monoplane straight wing design, incorporated fuel tanks at the wing tips. Powerplant was one Allison J33-GE-11 turbojet engine generating 4,500 lb of thrust.

he F-80 would become the initial principle United States Air Force jet fighter on call in the early months of the Korean War. The aircraft responded well to the North Korean opposition fighters though it would be ultimately replaced by the more capable F-84 and F-86's that would soon follow.

Yak-7UTI - by Ranwars, a Two pilot trainer version of Yak7.

The Yak-7U was developed as a trainer version of the Yak-1. A second cockpit was added after the original one, and wing span increased. It was found that the extra space for the second cockpit could be used for fuel or armament too, and that the performance of the Yak-7 almost equaled that of the Yak-1. Thus the Yak-7 was again developed to a close support fighter. The two-seat version was also used in combat, and for reconnaissance missions.

Miles Magister - RAF_Magpie (3d model and FM) Chap (java)

The Miles M.14 Magister was a British two-seat monoplane basic trainer aircraft built by the Miles Aircraft for the Royal Air Force and Fleet Air Arm. Affectionately known as the Maggie, the Magister was based on Miles civilian Hawk Major and Hawk Trainer and was the first monoplane designed specifically as a trainer for the RAF. As a low-wing monoplane, it was an ideal introduction to the Spitfire and Hurricane for new pilots.

-------------------------------

This version Contains Hotfix 3.11.

Ai Mod V30 (Certificate)

Further Improved AI characteristics with better low level ground attack & flight characteristics & historical formations for many late war US aircraft.

128 Player Co-op By FC. More great work. This Mod allows up to 128 players to fly in a Coop/SEOW mission, if the server can handle the load.

Maps: -
--------

Zuti Slovenia 1.3

Updated version of Zuti's Slovenia map

Malta Bombed (Bee)

Improved ground plates and customized runway textures, also ground plates and auto pop buildings thinned out for improved FPS.

Sakashima (Ijeremia)

Lovely new pacific map.

New Aircraft:-
---------------------

Axis :-

Classes by Chameleon, 3d external model updated by Cannon, AHS integration of E1 & E3's, Chap.

Bf-109E-3, 1939 Nose cannon is prone to jamming (so it was usually not used). This is the most realistic version.

Classes by Maus, FM's by Karaya:-

Bf-109E-4/N, 1940
Bf-109E-7/N, 1941
N series were C3 130 Octane boost high altitude versions of the 109E's. These were rare.

Bf-109E-4Trop, 1940
Bf-109E-7NTrop, 1940
Tropical Filter & Skins for these Tropical variants by Cannon.

Bf-109G-10 C3, 1944 C3 130 Octane optimized High Altitude version.

Bf-109G-14/AS, 1944 G14 C3 130 Octane variant.

Ju 523MG6E Ju52 with addition of supply box's load out and improved top gun position for all types. (Chap)

Updated Macchi (late) (Veltro)

Zero’s corrected (JapanCat). Really comprehensive update of the Zero’s by Japanese modder with extreme attention to detail.

Allied :-

Spitfire MKI 3.0 (Jolly) improved wing meshes.

Spitfire variants (Veltro ,AAA).
All new later variants of Spitfires now have automatic engine controls where appropriate

new Cockpits
---------------------

Axis:-

Me 410's Ranwars (3d work) & Chap (Classes). New cockpit for these aircraft. CTL D opens front panel. (WIP sights still not quite right)

G4M_cockpit Ranwars. Slightly improved rear view.

Ju 88 textures Bolox

109E textures. Guncan, more authentic textures.

Fiat G50 textures. Tyrl.

Allied:-

B17 cockpits Ranwars, great work to authenticate Fortress Cockpits and turret positions.

I16 textures Bender, more authentic for later I16's

Later yak textures Mangas, more great work.

I153 textures VPmedia

P40 & P38 textures Tyrl, Much improved.

Other:-
-----------------------

AC Fire Reduced complexity animation should reduce 'frame locking' for some.

Special parachutes - F22Raptor, Better parachute textures

Improved Weapon Debris Vpmedia,
More authentic debris effect when aircraft are hit.

V2 Rockets -IAF_Jagr. V2 Rockets, work as V1's although a lot more deadly.

Special thanks to Prof for really diligently testing and correcting this.

There are countless other little additions and corrections but it gets hard to keep track.

242Sqn_Chap/Charlie.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

The HSFX 3.2 patch requires both the 3.1 patch and the 3.0 full installation, but the published links to the latter files have expired. This is not a problem for those of us who have been keeping up, but it is for new pilots who would like to get started with HSFX. Is there a repository where people who have not already installed HSFX 3.0 and 3.1 can get them?
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

HistorySFX full install: [EDIT 21/05/09]
102nd Yugoslav Squadron Forums
Many thanks to 102nd and 242Sqn for the best IL2 mod for now :wink:
Last edited by PA-Dore on Thu 21 May 2009 5:20 am, edited 11 times in total.
102nd-HR-cmirko

Dore ;) - 242sqn_Chap and 242sqn_Prof are main developers of this mod :) - my squad is closely bound to 242sqn with SEOW, so we get to announce the patches :)

S!
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

S! PA-Dore,

Thanks for creating this repository and for letting us use it! And thanks to everyone who worked on creating HSFX and on making SEOW and it compatible with each other.

[edited to add] The 3.11 hot-fix is included in the 3.2 patch, so it is not required, and similarly the JSGME is included in the 3.0 package so a separate download should not be required though it is good to have both available for special needs.

The checksums in the original posts are still valid, and you can use them with any hash calculator to check for corrupt downloads. Doing this can save you headaches. The one I use is "HashCalc" from http://www.slavasoft.com/hashcalc/. It is free.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

102nd-HR-cmirko

3.21 patch is out

this is another patch which mainly settles spits vs 109 compatibility and SEOW developer requests :)

Step 1.) Download the Mod Patch 3.21 Installation Package.

Patch_3_21.EXE 120 Mb.

This Patch has been released Monday May 18, 2009. :

File download available here - http://files.filefront.com/13775997

MD5 - e0424675fe914d17b44199f509107be4
CRC32 - 9b23e55a

Note : If you have problems with the install, start a new thread in this forum for the problem. This post is locked.

Once you have downloaded the file, execute the Patch_3_21.EXE file by either double clicking on it, or right click and “open” it.

This version of the installer will record in the registry that you have installed Patch version 3.2. It will be recording all subsequent versions installed so that if one is missed, an error message will be displayed advising the user that a previous version, that's required, has not yet been installed.

Patch 3.21 Release notes ;

Brand New Aircraft types

Grumman F9F2 Panther added. Flatiken, PeterP. Beautiful Korean era aircraft with divebreaks, landinghook, reliable jet engine and a variety of loadouts.

The Grumman F9F Panther was the manufacturer's first jet fighter and the U.S. Navy's second. The Panther was the most widely used U.S. Navy jet fighter of the Korean War. It flew 78,000 sorties and was responsible for the first air kill by the US Navy in the war—the downing of a North Korean Yakovlev Yak-9 fighter.

Since there was insufficient space within the wings and fuselage for fuel for the thirsty jet, permanently-mounted wingtip fuel tanks were added which incidentally improved the fighter's rate of roll.It was cleared for flight from aircraft carriers in September 1949.

Powerplant : The Pratt & Whitney J48-P-2, a license built version of the Rolls-Royce Tay,
with 5,950 lbf (26.5 kN) with water injection.

Armament : 4 × 20 mm (0.79 in) M2 cannon, 190 rpg

Maximum speed: 500 kn (575 mph, 925 km/h)

A few updates and hotfix's.

Updated Static Aircraft.

Lack of some of the newer ones was causing a java.lang.integer error whenever attempting to join a server containing the missing static aircraft. (primarily manifest joining Spit vs 109's)

Further Zero 3d model Updates (japancat)

Further Cant Corrections.

More Yak9 cockpits for all types now I think. Mangas

SeaFury Loadout correction. (reported by Shades.)

P2V5 tail responsiveness corrected. (reported by Wolf)

Lybia_N-E map added in duplicate with conventional naming to provide compatability with other installations & online servers

L-2D & Li-2 Transport aircraft made flyable. Lt Wolf.

Updated Instrumentation for A5M6a,b,c Zeros

Kokoda trail map added (MrO) (beta but very nice)
(Kokoda AF is landable by AI planes by North Approach Only)

242Sqn_Chap
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Thanks cmirko and others developpers! I edited my post above with Patch_3_21.EXE
Flatspin

Post by Flatspin »

Excellent! Thank-you very much, getting 3.21 now!

One question: I have friends that prefer custom installs to modpacks - is there a single plane Avenger mod available with the HSFX opening cockpit and FM?
If you build it, they will come!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi guys,

I don't want to close anything down here, but the SEOW Official Forum is not the community where the HSFX mods are developed. They are developed by others with a private forum hosted via the 242 Squadron homepage.

It just might be more efficient to post questions/requests about Mod features and development directly to the developers.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Ok Shades, you're right, I edited my link post above. cmirko has reported it on 102nd forum. Thanks! :lol:
102nd-HR-cmirko

all questions about HSFX can be asked at

http://www.242sqn.com/phpBB2/

or

http://102nd.in.rs/distribution/viewforum.php?f=62

@4Shades - can you please clean up this thread so that it only has links towards valid HSFX install and patches including readme files ? I would like to continue using this thread for new patches only ?

cheers
S!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Cmirko,

OK, but I'm not sure exactly which messages need editing.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer