Serious probs - experts needed

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=gRiJ=Petr

Serious probs - experts needed

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

I experienced a serious problem yesterday while running a Prokhorovka mission on HSFX 4.0 Beta, using SEOW 3.21.

This is the second mission we ran. Planning went smoothly and I build the mission without problems. I'm using Mission Lenght 3 hours, actual flying time 1.5h.

When I loaded the initial template I had to set the time to 7am, to end up with 10am in SEOW DCS. Never understood that.
Then I removed in progress and we started plotting for the 10am mission.
The mission went smoothly but there was a problem while analyzing and I had to run the analysing twice. That worked although we ended up with double stats, which was fixed by removing double entries from the objmissiondisposition table. I'm just adding this in case this has anything to do with the time difference between the SEOW DCS and the time the ground/air missions were to start.

Here's the problem. After building the mission I noticed (only when everybody was connecting :oops:) that no flights were visible. I opened the mission file and saw that no flights were planned and no ground movement was planned either. After some checking up we found that all missions had been scheduled to start at 16 hours! The SEOW DCS was at 13h (first mission started at 10am).
In the end we decided to change the attribute Mis_time in the table missiondata from 10 to 13, which did the trick and brought the time in SEOW DCS to 16h. :? I then rebuild the mission and it had all the planes. However, when we ran the mission there was mass disconnections of about 20 players over 5-10m.
I should note, that I had no backup of the DB before building the mission the first time around (simply forgot :oops: ) So in order to be able to rebuild the mission we went into the sector_status table and deleted the bottum line which was value built for attribute Campaign_Status.
I did get some errors when building about the unit_name_mapping (bunkers it seems) but the mission built none the less.

What would you recommend we do? Do we need to replot the mission? Do we need to clean out some more tables? I do have a backup from 2 days before the mission with about half moves plotted (I did that when we resolved the double statistics problem).
Any help would very much be appreciated!
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

I found the issue of the time difference. I was in the sector_status table. There was a descrepacy between the file time of the build mission and the analyzed one. The build having 1000, the analyzed having 1300. when I changed the analyzed to 1000, everything came together and missions were starting at 1300 in the mission planner.

We decided to restart plotting from a backup after mission one (10am).

I've also selected brandle's engagement ranges to help FPS besides, arty doesn't hit much over 2000m anyway.

Cheers,
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Petr,
The mission went smoothly but there was a problem while analyzing and I had to run the analysing twice.
I suspect this is the source of your problems. Any chance you can remember/describe what this problem was? As a rule, I always recommend that people stop when encountering a SEOW error and seek help here.

Also, note that a new SEOW release that is compatible with HSFX4 will be issued shortly.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

The original issue with analyzing was caused by forgetting to disable the apache web service while analyzing the mission. This caused a server overload (100% CPU) because the squad gits couldn't wait to connect to the stats until I gave the ok :wink:

The server became completely unresponsive, couldn't even get to the services screen to stop the apache service. In the end I had to end task for the SEOW DCS. Then stop the apache web service, then re-analyzed without issues. We did end up with double stats and as you said, this caused the time difference between the DCS and the planner. It's confusing they use 2 different attributes to keep time but it's all my fault :roll: :oops:

Will there be a way to quickly upgrade to SEOW 4.0 and keep all the campaigns currently under SEOW 3?

Thanks for the reply 4Shades!
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

The upgrade pocess will not be trivial, but it won't be too involved either. And, there is a new method of stats generation that might deflect some of your "hungry audience" problems.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer