Task Force

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JG6_Express

Task Force

Post by JG6_Express »

Hi all,

I am having trouble with a task force option. We created a large task force, in fact the max allowed which was 29 or 30. We gave them 1 waypoint to move. We then flew the mission and had it analyzed. Now when we go back to the MP, it shows 1 mission in progress. It also shows the task force is still in it's original position. We have the mission time set at 1 hour. The mission last night only lasted about 30 minutes and then we closed the game and reported the mission.
My question is what do I need to do to move 1 large body of ground units in one mission? When it says a mission in progress, when will the mission finalize itself? Any help will be appreciated.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

That is not normal. Can you tell me the map you are using, the general lcoation of the task force and the Ground Movement settings. That should help me diagnose.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Sent you a pm.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
VT-51_Thud

Post by VT-51_Thud »

I'm away from home and don't have access to my notes. If I recall correctly, your first waypoint appears to occur after the 30 minute time so everything reverts to the last "completed" waypoint which in your case is the starting point. I believe this happens no matter what the setting (truncate) is in your DCS set-up.

I know I've had this problem in the past and resolved it by changing the eventlog end time to be the full hour.