Bug Reports: SEDB32F, MP4 v4.710, SEDCS v3.2.15

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Thanks to Hawk_5, Gross and Dore, I have managed to track down some bugs and issue some fixes/enhancements.

1/ Change unit location/bearing logic was broken for non-admin commanders. Fixed.
2/ When the "Create Forward Supply Points" option was enabled, several HTML forms in the MP stopped working until the Logistics:Organization tool was cycled. This was fixed by placing an HTML form in its own DIV element.
3/ DCS v3.2.15 was not correctly storing some of the new campaign settings.
4/ Moscow and Manchuria highways now pristine.
6/ Bay of Biscay Army_Units correction.

How to get the fixes:
*) MPpublic v4.712 - available from MPAutoUpdater now.
*) SEDCS v3.2.16 - available from downloads page now.
*) Moscow & Manchuria Highways data plus Bay of Biscay Army_Units data

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

Shades,
since I didnt get the autoupdater yet, could I use the 3.2.16 or should I update the MP scripts before?
22GCT_Gross
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

A couple more bug reports:

1. In the Admin "Manage Campaign::Reinforcements" tool, there was an intermittent bug when cycling from AIR FORCES to ARMIES. This has been corrected in v4.713. Thanks to 22GCT_Gross for a good bug report.

2. Squog's MPAutoUpdater will be re-released shortly.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

I guess it's not correct?

This unit has his strenght = 25% and refuel at the supply drop. Now its fuel is 400%, I guess it refueled as its strenght is 100%

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Thanks Dore - looks like a DCS error. I will investigate.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

suggestions for the planned missions layout:
- Once you selected several missions, you have to unselect one by one; wuold be good to have "unselect all missions"
- having the next mission list at the bottom (after the previous & locked mission list), the planner is obliged to scroll up and down many times the map window during the planning; maybe could be useful revert the mission list order.
22GCT_Gross
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross »

I remember we found the "Commit" Demolition button not working:

Code: Select all

Dettagli errore pagina Web

Agente utente: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1) ; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; AskTbUT2V5/5.8.0.12304)
Timestamp: Mon, 4 Oct 2010 17:46:32 UTC

Messaggio: 'undefined' è nullo o non è un oggetto
Linea: 7514
Carattere: 5
Codice: 0
URI: http://85.14.216.230/SEOW/MP4public/Scripts/MP-Head.js
22GCT_Gross
PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

22GCT_Gross wrote:having the next mission list at the bottom (after the previous & locked mission list), the planner is obliged to scroll up and down many times the map window during the planning; maybe could be useful revert the mission list order.
+1 Diego
22GCT_Gross wrote:Once you selected several missions, you have to unselect one by one; wuold be good to have "unselect all missions".
? With unselect the "select all" you have the same result

A other suggestion: "select/unselect all air missions" and select/unselect "all ground"
=69.GIAP=BOOS

Post by =69.GIAP=BOOS »

One thing I've noticed with the Jeep is that after a mission the waypoints still stands and you can not remove them as you can mission in progress. I even had a Jeep that was destroyed that still had waypoints.

When I deleted the waypoints in the newwaypoints table the destroyed icon was still there but the other Kubelwagon(it was still alive) I had actually driven was removed along with the waypoints. This could just be a case of my deleting the wrong stuff in the wrong table.

Oh and when I drove my first try the car didn't move on the MP but on my second try I had to bail out because I went into the river. The KW in this case had then moved to the edge of the river. Sadly I deleted it with the waypoints as stated above.

I'll do some more testing on this.

Boos
=gRiJ=Petr

Post by =gRiJ=Petr »

Hi Shades,

Not really a bug but I've noticed that with the new version you do not receive a message when you select a unit which already has orders planned for it. I personally find this feature very useful.

Alternatively, some sort of colour code would be very useful for units with orders. This would give you a very quick overview of what has been done and what not.

Ideally, (and I'm dreaming out loud) a colour code on the map and the possibility to select a unit (with orders) and a command in the menu to show route would be ideal. This would enable the commander to easily see which units are planned, and select the ones he wants to see the route, without the need to memorize which platoon name and finding it in the left bar.

When working with HRM maps which are quite large in area covered, scrolling back towards the left to select a unit starts costing a lot of time. Secondly, with high movement allowens, you cannot simply select all paths as the MP (or explorer or whatever) cannot draw all the routes and *flips*.

Another thing that I've noticed is that with the new version I do not see the X and Y coordinates at the bottom left of my explorer. A very useful thing to have for all kinds of things.

Thanks!
Cheers,
Petr
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

... with the new version I do not see the X and Y coordinates at the bottom left of my explorer
It is still there, that code is unchanged. You need to adjust your browser security settings to allow javascript programming of the status bar.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

For Boos:
When I deleted the waypoints in the newwaypoints table the destroyed icon was still there but the other Kubelwagon(it was still alive) I had actually driven was removed along with the waypoints. This could just be a case of my deleting the wrong stuff in the wrong table.
Yes, you need to remove the corresponding entries in the Waypoints table. NewWaypoints is only used for *planned* missions, not completed or "In Progress" missions.
Oh and when I drove my first try the car didn't move on the MP but on my second try I had to bail out because I went into the river. The KW in this case had then moved to the edge of the river. Sadly I deleted it with the waypoints as stated above.
You need to tap smoke (see http://wiki-seow-en.swil.fr/index.php/Drivable_Vehicles).

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

On Dore's bug report about partially destroyed columns being refueled to their undestroyed capacities: I have reproduced this error and have made a small fix to the DCS. This will be released shortly.

Thanks Dore!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Roads:

DOWNLOAD New Highways and Highway_Intersections Tables

We need the roads.mis files to correct the others.

Railways:

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Dore,

The idea to add an extra waypoint halfway for 2-waypoint routes works for roads, but it may not work for railways. Just check it out with FMB: plot a train to use that rout ad artifically add the waypoint to the .mis file and see whether the train still appears in-game and moves properly. If all works, then you are a champion!

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer