Install problem

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

JG6_Express

Install problem

Post by JG6_Express »

Hi fellas,

Sorry to have to bother you but I have ran into a few problems with my install.
I have installed everything and am able to access the MP admin (v 4.710) page "Campaign database setup" thru the url. I can select the sector for our campaign and save settings. When try to click on back to SEOW campaign sectors I get a blank white screen.

I am on windows 7 with Internet explorer as my browser.

I also have another question. I have installed DCS on another computer in my home. This is a barebones system with Win XP. I have installed Frameworks, ODBC, and all the other necessary software. I have been able to connect to the MP on my server and intialize a campaign.
My question is how do I set it up for recieving the mission once planned and exporting it back to mysql once completed since I am not running IL2 on that machine. In other words, I plan on using that computer just to host the DCS, not fly or report from.

I know it sounds complicated but I have not been successful just installing seow on my windows 7 machine. I reread every post in the forum and the instructions are very clear on how to do it,. It is just I do not have the necessary skills to carry out certain administrative changes to this win 7 computer. I am still to new to this OS. That is why I was hoping to use the Win XP computer to work as the DCS communicator to the MP and mysql on the webserver.

Shades, should I split this into 2 posts?

Any help is appreciated.

~S~
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Hi Express,

First, a couple of clarifications.

(*) The DCS never connects to the MP. It can only ever connect to your database (DB). If your DCS connects happily, and initializes happily, then that means your DB is is probably working fine.

(*) It is pretty easy to build missions on one machine and host/play them on another. Under the Files/Misc tab in the DCS there will be the "SEOW Missions Folder" address. That is where the mission files will be placed when built (*.mis and *.properties files). Just copy these files to your IL-2 machine and host/play. Then copy your eventlog from your IL-2 machine back to the "FB+PF Game Log File Location". The one tricky step is to edit the first line of the eventlog so that it points to the correct "SEOW Missions Folder" address of the mission file on the DCS machine.

Now, about the error on the MP you describe. You need to do a couple of things first.

1. Download the MP patch (to v4.722) and apply it.
2. Apply the Tarawa DB patch to your database(s).
3. Make sure you have defined valid database connections for EVERY sector via MP-Admin.php. You can use the default connection for every sector if you like, but that will only allow one campaign to be run at a time.
4. If there is still no joy, get on TS and talk to us. We'll get you through it.

One big question though: if you have an XP machine at home, why not put SEOW on it and bypass the Win7 machine altogether?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

JG6_Express

Post by JG6_Express »

Thx m8! Up and running again thanks to you 4Shades, appreciate it very much.
I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)