slight problem with IE and IEtab and MP

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

102nd-HR-cmirko

slight problem with IE and IEtab and MP

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

I think i already talked about this error once with Brandle or Hitcher (it has been a while so don't remember clear who it was :)), and there was a solution for the problem.... - of course i have to click "no" at least 20 times until IE (and IEtab form firefox) stops producing the error...

thx in advance

Hitcher

Post by Hitcher »

Yes, this means the template builder has used moving objects with waypoints and these waypoints are causing the script error. There are three ways to resolve this issue:

1) Use the new DCS 'Remove in Progress' function to flush the Waypoints table in the database.

2) Use Navicat to Empty the Waypoints table in the database.

3) Avoid using moving objects with waypoints on the template. There are only some column units in the game that have no stationary equivilent, so use stationary objects as often as possible. This also saves the template builder time and effort by drastically reducing waypoint creation.
Hitcher
102nd-HR-cmirko

Post by 102nd-HR-cmirko »

thx hitcher :) - one learns new things about SEOW each day :)

S!
EJGr.Ost_Chamel

Post by EJGr.Ost_Chamel »

We are doing some tests for a Scorched Earth campaign and tested the "Star of Afrika" template. We were facing the same error message as described by cmirko (well, with us it was in german) but we found another solution. My buddy found the following article from MS knowledge base: http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb%3 ... &x=12&y=11

So I raised the value for "MaxScriptStatements" from 5,000,000 to 500,000,000 (wow! :shock: ) but with this change, the message doesn't appear anymore. 8)

Greetings

Chamel