Singapore Airfield Maps

For bug reports and fixes, installation issues, and new ideas for technical features.

Moderator: SEOW Developers

=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Singapore Airfield Maps

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

I have created a set of detailed airfield maps for the fifteen airfields on the Singapore map (Singapore 2). The scale of each is approximately 6 km in the East/West dimension and they include grid lines to aid in the placement of units. If you would like to try them, you can get them here: http://www.keepandshare.com/doc/view.ph ... 42405&da=y

To install, first place the files in your MP4/Singapore directory. A copy of the original Singapore-intel.php file is included in case you decide the airfield maps are not to your liking. The Singapore-intel.php file is the only file that needs to be overwritten. All other files are new.

Now use the "New_Singapore_Airbases.sql" file to replace the current Airbases file (two base names have new spellings and those will not work with the old Airbases table). The "Original_Singapore_Airbases.sql" file is a backup of the original in case you want to revert. The new Airbases table contains other corrections as well to better follow the SEOW standards, reversing the takeoff and landing vectors in a few cases and adjusting positions in others.

These maps have been tested in both a test environment and an ongoing campaign.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

PA-Dore

Post by PA-Dore »

Thanks Tushka, very nice ;-)
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA »

Glad you like them Dore. I learned a few tricks doing the Crimea airfields that made doing this set much easier but perhaps even better aligned to the local grid. It helps when you get off on the right foot. I learn from my mistakes. :-)
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades »

Integrated for next release! Many thanks Tushka.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer