Setting up Campaign Objects

This room is where those who will participate in the "FUF: KZBK Stations" campaign, Kiev Sector, can assemble, share information and discuss the design and development of this SEOW HQ campaign.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Setting up Campaign Objects

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:22 am

Hi everyone,

I have made a DB available at HQ now for the upcoming campaign, using Kiev_AP.

If you log in as admin/password and look at the Costs link, you will see I have weeded out non-essential objects, leaving behind candidate objects. I have also arbitrarily reduced loadouts on airframes. Potential campaign settings are also viewable via the Settings link.

One approxiation I made was to use Italian infantry objects, designated as "Sicherungstruppen", i.e. the rear-area security troops that were pressed into the front line by 4.PzAOK. These troops performed quite differently to the normal front-line infantry, so we needed a different object type to represent them.

If people are happy enough, the next step would be to develop a revised technics file for these objects in particular. We will need to develop a "KZBK Mod" for use in this campaign, so getting the technics file right is the first step towards that Mod. The HQ Mission Planner has Technics Processor Tool v1.3, which can be used to develop technics mods.

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:25 am

I would be glad if we/you would use the "historical-realistic-technics.ini" as a basis for the modification.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3fxdgf4jc3utb ... chnics.ini
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:14 am

Of course!
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:47 am

There are 3 things we need to take care or for the "KZBK Mod".

-reduce speed by 50%, due to bad weather, for everything on wheels or foot
-reduce engagement range to the weather limit for each mission, except rocket artillery(4Shades is probably going to make that a feature for the SEOW Technics Processor Tool)
-find and adjust proxies for unit that are not available in game
-add MG42 to the German Infantry squads (decreasing range and increasing rof)

Proxies:
15cm Sd.Kfz. "Hummel" = HoRo
8,8cm "Hornisse" = Ferdinand
s.IG 15cm = s.FH18
10cm sFK18 = 10,5cm leFH
Sd.Kfz. 251 = Sd.Kfz 251/1 Hanomag
Sd.Kfz.263 = Sd.Kfz 231
sd.kfz8 = Sd.Kfz 6
sGrW = 8 cm s.Gr.W. 34
StuG = Sturmgeschütz IIIG

On red side we yet know only little:
13th Army - 142 tanks (34 heavy, 108 medium), 59 SPGs
60th Army - 93 tanks (83 heavy, 9 medium, 1 light), SPGs

I can only guess here, but I think
heavy = KV-1 (is it KV-1S or KV-85 in late 1943???) depending on version, engagement range and speeds are different
medium = T-34
light = T-70
SPGs = SU-76M (most common used SPG according to OrBat)
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:16 am

I just noticed that the Fw 190A-6 is missing in the on the object costs page.
The Fw 190A-6 was the most common fighter in the theater December 1943.
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:30 am

In TS discussion we have looked at the idea of using an officer class of infantry that have command and control capability in the campaign.

This would be a specific infantry type and when stationary would convert to a small bunker to simulate a dug in and concealed position.
These are to have a rank of Captain and in command of 4x4 infantry (company strength).
On the move if reverts to a single infantry form and can be loaded into staff cars, jeeps etc to be moved around and replace deceased officers etc.

The bunker that looks ideal for the stationary version of the officer is the Wooden MG Bunker in FMB and BunkerG1_gun in technics. It has a winter version.
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
LW/JG10_Armwaar

Post by LW/JG10_Armwaar » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:16 pm

Is the Officer object in addition to a General object?

After all...all Generals are officers, but not all officers are Generals...
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:34 pm

I think this is a good idea.

One captain for every 4 (full strength) platoons. That is in addition to the General. The captain has CC and morale influence.
I'll work today on the final objects listing and release some notes.

Cheers,
4S
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sat Feb 02, 2013 2:48 am

I have started on initializing the campaign now. Here are some notes:

1. The air orbats are now in and commissioned on the map at the HQ mission planner. Both sides' air forces are complete. There will be no more reinforcements. Have a look and consider what this means for your side. I have also given each side some NDBs, some blind landing systems and an AM radio transmitter.

2. I have allocated passwords for each commander individually. You will get your password by PM.

3. The Costs page is nearly complete. I have revised various objects, a few more to do.

4. I think each commander should have the option to have 3 barrage balloons and 3 observation balloons. Don't forget to put these in your templates.

5. I will create supply dumps in major centres on both sides.

6. Trains are not yet on the map - coming soon.

7. I am considering having the missions hosted for only 30 minutes each (but the clock advancing in one hour steps per mission. Any comments?

Cheers,
4Shades
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer
WTE_Ikey

Post by WTE_Ikey » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:26 am

IV/JG7_4Shades wrote: 7. I am considering having the missions hosted for only 30 minutes each (but the clock advancing in one hour steps per mission. Any comments?
Very little time over the battlefield for human piloted flights, esp reds from Gostomel so it'll be a hit & run fast. That'll stop _5 from ground killing everything in sight for half an hour.
Sounds good to me.
WTE_Ikey
The Chimpmeister
Bogan Gamer
II/JG77Hawk_5

Post by II/JG77Hawk_5 » Sat Feb 02, 2013 7:25 am

You'll be suprised what can be achieved in half an hour! :wink:
I doubt the weather will allows us to be up to that sort of thing anyway.

I'm happy for the half hour limit as most ground action happens in the first 10 to 15 minutes anyway.
II/JG77Hawk 5
SEOW fanboy of dubious repute
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:12 am

This is going to be total war and total massacre!
JG26_Scannon

Post by JG26_Scannon » Sun Feb 03, 2013 1:12 pm

4Shades can you give us an idea of what the situation will be at the opening of the first mission? It would be somewhat helpful to know if we are instantaneously being dropped into the middle of an active conflict where units are practically in hand to hand combat already (or even quick strike distance of each other) and perhaps there is immediate 50+% intel; or will there be a "soft start" scenario where almost zero intel is known about the other side (with plenty of question marks everywhere) and the intel must be thoroughly developed?

I was assuming that since we are jumping into the middle of a conflict that commanders on the ground have a somewhat thorough understanding of what is going on....at least a bearing and distance of enemy units? Unless of course you envision it otherwise.... I have the barratt book on the way should get it in a couple days.....

Also what ground movement modes will be assigned to the respective unit/vehicle types? Where do I find that info?

Thanks!
II/JG54_Emil

Post by II/JG54_Emil » Sun Feb 03, 2013 4:18 pm

Only my thoughts:
- I wouldn´t mind the units being 10-15km apart fom each other.
- Recon should be somewhat between 30-70%.
- officers would represent NCO with radios and smg, i.e. Kompanieführer Steiner making sure hisd troops aren´t breaking

etc.
IV/JG7_4Shades

Post by IV/JG7_4Shades » Sun Feb 03, 2013 8:20 pm

I was thinking 0% recon at the start, but we can discuss this (like anything else). If people stick to the template zones, the front lines will be at least a few km apart at the beginning.

It would be good to sort out the ground movement details. Any recommendations?

Cheers,
4S

PS: How about each side getting a few spies in rear areas, deployable by parachute drop?
IV/JG7_4Shades
SEOW Developer

Return to “The Winter 1943 Boardroom”