North American Schedule

General discussions for all registered June 1942 administrators, commanders and pilots. Come in and sit down!

Moderators: IV/JG7_4Shades, 22GCT_Gross

=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Post by =69.GIAP=RATNIK » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:14 pm

We have a few planners who planned their missions allready, who are away for the weekend and won't be back until Sunday.

Also, with Kuban delayed, we don't get any production from them.

Do we go ahead or delay Crimea start until 2010? Then we lots of time to plan and get our heads around all the new stuff.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:28 pm

Bruce,
every sedb32d was converted to sedb32e version by loading the stock database and substituting the following tables from the sedb32d bersion:
Airbases
Campaign_Settings
Combined_Unit_Status
Control_Points
Industrial_Installations
MissionData
ObjMissionData
OffMap_Supply_Reserves
PilotData
Resupply_Points
Resupply_Replacements
Scenery
Sector_Status
Sector_Weather
Ship_Damage_Status
On your kuban & crimea additional tables were substituted on the "e" version:
airbaselayouts
aircraftloadout

Which was the problem?
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:11 pm

Well, at least we have an explanation for the suddenly changed campaign settings that had us riled up for awhile, but these discussions took place in the allied forums where Brandle and Shades would not have seen them or my suggestion that we have a "stand down" to straighten things out.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Post by =69.GIAP=RATNIK » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:17 pm

S! If we are changing the database, can Crimea request an equipment transport ship? I don't believe I'll be able to load any units onto a tanker and I would like to move a large force.
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:27 pm

S!

Gross, I like to tie the Army Units table into the campaign by limiting the overall amount of unit names available so the map does not get overloaded. This was cosmetic but also has ramifications over the long term. Not a big deal.

I also like to detail the airforce units with /VVS-ChF's and Fernaufklarungsgruppes. This, like Army units, keeps the overall ratio of the air forces in order. This was also not fatal and could be adjusted on the fly.

The killer was all the missions were planned for 7am. Somehow we got set back to 5am for the start of the mission and Seow saw just a host seat for 5am, as it should.

Nobodys fault but mine. We can expect other problems to pop up that we wont even be able to restart for. This was designed at a big tet for HSFX 4.1 and the new Seow. All feedback is necessary to work out the kinks.

Actually, nobody is at fault but I love that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZ15n6_5JY

Brandle
=69.GIAP=MALYSH

Post by =69.GIAP=MALYSH » Sat Dec 19, 2009 2:19 am

I'm in favour of pushing the start of Crimea back until the new year. This is going to be a wonderfully awesome project that will push every SEOW boundary I've ever seen, we shouldn't rush it or plan everything again with a reset DB over 36 hours or less.

Everybody's done exemplary work, and I think we need to honour that by taking our time and not allowing anything to fail through rushed effort.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Sat Dec 19, 2009 5:32 am

II/JG3K.Brandle wrote:S!

Gross, I like to tie the Army Units table into the campaign by limiting the overall amount of unit names available so the map does not get overloaded. This was cosmetic but also has ramifications over the long term. Not a big deal.

I also like to detail the airforce units with /VVS-ChF's and Fernaufklarungsgruppes. This, like Army units, keeps the overall ratio of the air forces in order. This was also not fatal and could be adjusted on the fly.

The killer was all the missions were planned for 7am. Somehow we got set back to 5am for the start of the mission and Seow saw just a host seat for 5am, as it should.

Nobodys fault but mine. We can expect other problems to pop up that we wont even be able to restart for. This was designed at a big tet for HSFX 4.1 and the new Seow. All feedback is necessary to work out the kinks.

Actually, nobody is at fault but I love that song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esZ15n6_5JY

Brandle
Yes, there was a mismatch between the mission data table and the sector status table.
NP to load also the army units and airforce units "d" version.
Please, tell me exactly what goal you like to achieve: adjusting database and save the planned missions?
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it
II/JG3K.Brandle

Post by II/JG3K.Brandle » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:00 pm

S!

I think you should fly tomorrows mission. The naming problem is not a show stopper. The mission start time problem should not be present in Crimea so you should be able to go ahead and enjoy.

Brandle
=69.GIAP=RATNIK

Post by =69.GIAP=RATNIK » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:33 pm

Tomorrow's mission has allready been stopped from our side Brandle, I won't be able to get my pilots back and the planning done in time.
=69.GIAP=TUSHKA

Post by =69.GIAP=TUSHKA » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:47 pm

When will the Kuban sector be ready for planning? We'd like to reschedule the first mission with enough planning time.
C!

Tushka

Flying isn't dangerous. Crashing is what's dangerous.

=AVG=Storm

Post by =AVG=Storm » Sat Dec 19, 2009 7:52 pm

I think the Kuban campaign should officially begin on Thursday, January 7th. This will allow us to run several test missions on various days before and after the holidays. If all goes well, mission planning would officially begin on Monday, January 4th. This is just my opinion. Any objections?
Last edited by =AVG=Storm on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
22GCT_Gross

Post by 22GCT_Gross » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:53 am

No official notes are published by charlie indeed. Wait for a while.
22GCT_Gross
www.22GCT.it

Return to “The Global Lounge, June 1942”